Okay so... My goals are to get a bit more toward the generative music side of things. I have been goofing around with different instruments for most of my life. I picked up a korg minilogue xd a few years back but it just never scratched the itch... I think its mostly because I found it overwelming everything it could do if I am being honest. I still have it and play around with it and plan to work it into my music.

Okay so I start looking into videos and whatnot to see if I can brush up on my music theory to help my son out and I stumble upon the rabbit hole of modular synthasis... We jump in the car and head to detroit modular and I come home with some stuff :-D. Went back the next day and swapped it out and come home with the nifty case, beehive, A-106-5 filter and 4ms EnvVCA and a korg SQ-1. Something to keep it super simple... It was a blast. I accidently made a frog sound and it inspired me and I recorded this Then I run into a rabbit hole and discover the Pachinko. I picked up a few more modules and think oh I need a Tukra for some drums...

And this is what I end up with:

I also have a Keystep Pro on the way for a more complex sequencer. But add it all up and the budget is shot ;-). This winter I am going to build a nice case for a bit more room. Shove in a few 2hp and you dont have much room to twiddle with ;-). I am happy for now and have a lot of room to grow with what I have BUT I want to start researching now to see what else I should be adding to get a good generative setup going. What might I be mising now that would be useful?

EDIT:
I am trying to stay a little more on the DAW less side. I am a software developer and get tired of staring at a computer all day... I also gooff with logic pro a bit...

I do stuff and things and whatnot...

Check out a Multi-FX module.

Detroit Modular has the ALM MFX. (B-stock & Black Friday sale for discounts). It will fit in the remaining space you have and it suits your techno style. The echo, reverb, ensemble, and phaser effects would really liven up that beehive. I think you'd like it.

Check out a Multi-FX module.

Detroit Modular has the ALM MFX. (B-stock & Black Friday sale for discounts). It will fit in the remaining space you have and it suits your techno style. The echo, reverb, ensemble, and phaser effects would really liven up that beehive. I think you'd like it.

-- Toccata

Not a bad idea! It's too bad I can't put in a discount on that b stock but I do have some credit saved up. It would also fill this case until I get off my butt and into the shop and build a case! I also like that it has a few utilities built into it.

I kind of had my eye on the 2hp verb but I think the options on this will be better/more flexible in the long run for not much more money.

I have it in my cart for now. Thanks!

I do stuff and things and whatnot...

Very Cool. If you do get it, make sure to update to the latest firmware--it's an easy drag and drop from the computer--because they keep adding new FX and your unit might not be right up to date. : )

Happy patching!