Hello All...
I'm new to the forum and have just begun to enter eurorack world.
I have attached my proposed set up. I currently own the Doepfer ribbon controller/module, the filter bank and have the Kobol on order. I'm hoping the bottom rack will serve 3 purposes.
1. as a supplement to Behringer
2. as a pseudo Trautonium, using the filter bank and subharmonics
3. as an ext. audio in for sax/flute using the env. follower, ring mod, etc.
I currently don't feel the need for a sequencer or effects, as I can do that through my DAW.
I welcome any suggestions/comments..
Thanks!
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2378196.jpg

ModularGrid Rack

Much easier if you copy/paste the link into the comment, then we get to see your rack.

I'll let others speak to your specific goals as they're a bit out of my knowledge zones, but one thing to think of right off the bat is how you will be developing, changing, and manipulating your control voltages? You say you're sequencing and using the DAW for effects (how are you interfacing, exactly?), but one of the joys of modular is using voltages in unexpected and dynamic ways. I feel like this system as is gives a lot of audio manipulation but not much CV manipulation. For example, other than the two lfos (with only square or tirangle to choose from) on the Kobol, how will you be changing parameters over time without manual tweeking? Wiggling knobs is obviously fun, but a lot of what makes modular special is that the aspects of synthesis that are usually hidden inside a synthesizer are available to us out in the open, allowing for dynamic shifting of parameters over time. Look into utilities, which are the tools to make this happen. You have the disting, which provides a ton of algorithms, but is not the easiest to navigate and doesn't give you access to too many things at once. As for recommendations, unfortunately, there's no one size fits all, but attenuators, inverters, function generators, slew limiters, etc are great places to start looking. More lfos, or at least mults to help you make more of what you already have, should also be considered.

Anyways, there's no one size fits all as I said, and I don't want to recommend just buying more things, but I think you should consider where you plan to take this rack and seriously think about the utilities that will help you make the most of it. If you think of some motion you want the voltages to have, there's probably a utility to help with it.

One more note, if you're already planning on being heavily connected to the computer, consider a dc-coupled interface or something like the ES-8 or ES-9 (expensive, but very useful) to allow you to interact with VCV rack and other computer based cv manipulation tools. It will save a lot of hp and money in the long run, if that's a route that looks fun to you.

Best of luck.

Hello,
Thanks for the considerate response.
I realize I have a small proposed set up, and therefore am limited to what I can put in the rack.
Regarding interfacing with the DAW, as I said I only intend to use it for effects (e.g. delay, reverb, etc.).
I could also send sequencer clock source via MIDI to the Kobol. I may also pick up a Keystep keyboard.
The Tides clone can be used as a modulation source (LFO, EG, etc.). It also has a 4 note frequency mult/div, which I can use for the Trautonium set up, and mix in the AJH module. I've considered a mult, but may try to just use stackable cables.
The 3hp Erica pico LFO, S/H looks promising...
btw, I have a 4 channel audio interface (not DC coupled), and an outboard mixer I could use if necessary.
cheers