Hello, I have managed to obtain quite a few modules since I started adding modules to complement my DFAM. In the beginning I just needed a way to synchronise it with my other gear but as normal with GAS the thing blew out of proportions after a while.
At the moment I'm trying to figure out a way to organize all my modules. I have a few separated cases for the modules. I made a big rack in Modular Grid so I could see all the modules and cases with one view. Below there is a list of cases in the same order as they are on the Modular Grid rack.

1x ACL 6U 104HP
2x Intellijel 7U 104HP Performance case
1x Intellijel 3U 104HP Palette case

I also have one Doepfer Low Cost 3U 86HP case for mostly storing unused modules.

I would highly appreciate any advice on how to organize everything :D I would like to keep things in somehow organized entities. For example the small Palette case could be only concentrated on the Make Noise modules. The first Performance case could be one with only high quality modules such as ACL, AJH and Cwejman. Also I would like to keep things portable so that's one reason for having so many separate cases.

Here is a link for the rack: https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2431828.jpg

My main objective is to be able to create interesting rhythms and sequences for driving hypnotic techno. I might be missing an sequencer since Metropolix can in a way only sequence one sound.. at least in a way so that I have perfect control. I didn't find the unpairing of two tracks very hands on.

Sometimes I think of just getting something like a Serge or Verbos only system for making things more simple for myself.

It can be tempting to put modules from the same company together because it looks nice when the modules match in appearance. That's what I did when I first put my rack together, and I still try and do it when it makes sense, like having similar or related modules next to each other. But what worked better for me as an overall plan was thinking in terms of work flow and function.

I have a large case, it's roughly square but I mentally divide it into two parts. The top two-thirds (roughly) is devoted to audio modules and the workflow goes left-to-right. The left side is sequencers, oscillators, and voices. Middle is envelopes, filters, reverbs, delays, and so on. My main mixer and output module are on the right side. The bottom third of the rack is VCAs, LFOs, modulation sources, and most of my utility modules. So basically the audio signal goes left-to-right across the top and middle of my rack while the modules at the bottom pertain to CV, and/or are the things I fiddle with the most often, like VCAs.

That makes me wonder how you arrange your cases; if I had a tall narrow stack like in your pic I might think more about top-to-bottom workflow rather than left-to-right, but perhaps you just arranged them like that for simplicity in modulargrid. How do you actually have your cases set up when you play? You also mentioned portability. That makes me think it might be a good idea to set up one of the Intellijel 7u cases as an all-in-one mini system so you could take just that one case if you wanted to be extra portable, and then you could arrange the other cases around the idea of expanding upon the capability of the core one.