Hi all, Just wanted to hear your views on this unit https://www.modulargrid.net/e/error-instruments-indian-resonator-v4 - was it enjoyable / limiting in any way. Yes I would love to own one of these but as you can see from my set up there are oscilators everywhere or the potential.

I have a 84hp set up with 18hp remaining and am currently looking at Big T Music Veils - as I don't have a vca plus the resonator.

So is this a good move - for my ambient generative journeys?

Thanks in advance

(Oh, my 2hp Loop I got for Christmas is an amazing piece of kit)

I enjoy my Indian Reasonator v4, you can make entire patches with it or use it for subtle ambient backgrounds.
I'd say the Trigger in and drum out aren't really needed. Probably a module suited to a specifically 'weird' or bigger case but I can imagne you'd have lots fun with it and the 2hp loop and you could put it through Rings as the reasonator its meant to be for some processing.
I've combined the output from the Indian reasonator with sine waves and put that through a wave folder, lots of ways to treat the output in inthersting ways.
If you are able to dial in your modulation carefully you can make it fairly repeatable too if needed but it can take a bit of faffing about. but yeah, stick it through Clouds, Mimeophon, a big Shimmer Reverb from your FX Aid etc, all lots of fun in my opinion.

It could be thought of as a one-trick-pony but it all depends what you do with it, I'd personally fill your rack with other things first and wait for your next Case or bigger rack before getting the IRv4

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

I enjoy my Indian Reasonator v4, you can make entire patches with it or use it for subtle ambient backgrounds.

It could be thought of as a one-trick-pony but it all depends what you do with it, I'd personally fill your rack with other things first and wait for your next Case or bigger rack before getting the IRv4
-- wishbonebrewery

Thanks for the detailed reply, I feel I will probably get it sooner or later due to its ambient uses as you mentioned. Yes I will need a bigger case at some point ( Rackbrute 6U is on wishlist, this is the one I am most fond of so far) - although not as huge as the set up I see you have!

What would you add rather than the IRv4? in addition to the Big T music Veils.

Many thanks

You know best in what directiion you wnt to take your Rack, if you are thinking of expanding I'd say you can't go wrong with a Marbles or a clone of Marbles. Lots of triggers and pitches which you can keep in tune and remember you cam use marbles as a big weird modulation source with all its outputs.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

I haven't done it yet, but I bet an Indian Resonator 4 through a Nautilus would be interesting! I have two IRs, the earlier version didn't last very long, and they sent me a hard fix, but instead I bought version 3 as I didn't want to bother, lol.

I have two IRs, the earlier version didn't last very long, and they sent me a hard fix, but instead I bought version 3 as I didn't want to bother, lol.
-- halbroome

Are you happy with the module for your musical needs - has it been fun exploring what you can get from it?

if you are thinking of expanding I'd say you can't go wrong with a Marbles or a clone of Marbles. Lots of triggers and pitches which you can keep in tune and remember you cam use marbles as a big weird modulation source with all its outputs.
-- wishbonebrewery

Oh yes...my list had Monsoon - Big T Music due to freeze button of up to 8 seconds and looping alongside it working with rings. But on finding the 2hp Loop that can lift 5 minutes of audio that I can mess about with in such a small footprint I went with that. One day maybe the Monsoon will be mine.

Are you happy with the module for your musical needs - has it been fun exploring what you can get from it?

-- EuroBadger

I can't claim no, as I have versions 3 & 4! Only IR4 is installed atm in my larger rack, while I'm learning new modules
in a smaller rack, so I haven't puttered with it lately. In addition to modular, I have guitar pedals, and the IR4 paired well
with an Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar: I used a Boredbrain UniFX module to send CV out to the guitar pedal and back
into the rack, and as parallel sounds, the two complement each other in an exotic, Eastern music way. Error Instuments
makes fun and very unique modules!

I have a V2, and it's great, but does need careful tweaking to get those sweet spots (do like those flute tones). I'd say trigger and drum are great as there are some lovely drum sounds available, but I'm seriously considering getting a V4 as it has more cv controls. As for the Veils clone - Veils for me ticks all the boxes for a VCA (I have 5 as you can never have enough :))