Hi

I want to get a playable Live setup, where I can sequence, live sample and blend between recorded stuff and modular audio.

my idea is to get a oxi one
or
octatrack
or
deluge

to pair with a 104 7u case

My thoughts are

1. octatrack could be my sequencer + live sampler, to 1. record stuff from the modular into it or 2. blend live between recorded stuff and modular.
    Gear is quiet old, hard to learn and maybe bad sound quality?
    The sequencer is more oldschool and doesnt has the fancy blinking pads like the oxi :(

2. Oxi one seems to be very hands on to sequence everything, but I would need a other solution for live sampling and blending between recorded stuff and modular.
    What could be a alternative for this?

3. synthstrom deluge seems to be a compromise between both

Could you give me a advice?
Maybe there are other devices you can suggest?

Greetings

Chris

Greetings

Chris

Surgeon was using Octatrack to live loop. You might be inspired by checking out his take on it.

My understanding is that Surgeon uses an Electro Harmonix looper for live looping (can't remember which one), and an Octatrack for some sequencing duties. I seem to remember reading that he doesn't especially care for the Octatrack, but keeps coming back to it for some reason or another. I can totally identify with that. I keep trying to incorporate Elektron gear with my modular stuff, and can never quite get into that flow.