Initially I was going to design a coupled rack pair that would first power 8 minidexed eurorack modules together and a summing mixer to send a stereo out to my DAW. It was the most ideal concept until doing more research and seeing how difficult it would be even with a patchbay matrix to send to multiple effects within the eurorack, so I decided it was more convenient to use balanced outs to send it through my Ferrofish A32 Pro so that I can do both clean prints and do my own aux sends to my H9000 busses.

To the already niche community of both vintage synth users and FM synth fans alike, the Yamaha TX816 is heralded as a monster, with 8 TF1 modules (essentially a DX7 in small form factor) either play tones together or individually contained within one box. It's major downside was it's power supply and even with the current day solutions it can become a bit tedious attempting to route out both the midi and analog outs which has inspired a small community to design the dexed vst and minidexed instrument that can run on bare Raspberry Pi (a mini computer that you wouldn't need to install an operating system to install and use the dexed). Earlier models can run one instance of dexed (as a fully functioning DX7) and the more recent models can run 8 simultaneously similar to the TX816!

So why would I add 8? Personally, I'm very straightforward with my production style and approach so to have a dedicated module for different instrument stacks and tones in a stereo out instead of the original mono out works out for a better deal considering the price range is very similar between both options. Matching this eurorack with my MIDI interface will also give me more ease of use with each instrument stack to my Faderfox for CC control when necessary, but also to my various instruments like my Aerophone to get more out of my midi expression with multi-timbral brass, and with my Ableton Push for my more advanced compositions that may require MPE expression.

As a DSP synth rack it will complement my Roland Integra 7 (which definitely is an overkill of a machine as is with it's abundance of analog based sounds) and will allow more CPU workload for drums (Superior Drummer 3+ Electronic Kit) and for mixing((though I'm still 50/50 on building DIY WavesGrid server)). For anyone interested in how all of this will sound at some point towards the end of the year I'll take a photo of the entire studio's rack cabinets and may even make a YouTube video if completely necessary.