https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2393267.jpg

Hi there. What do you think about my current setup? Does it make sense? Is twin waves + dixie a good combination or would you suggest to replace them with one complex oscillator? What do you think of having 2 filters? Thanks for any of the comments.

Looks good to me so far. It could probably use more modulation. Some LFOs and envelopes (or something like the Vostok Fuji, which offers you the choice of either like the envelopes on Maths). Sample and hold/random would also be good to explore.

Do you like the Dixie and the Twin Waves? Your oscillators and filters are entirely up to you, and as long as you keep them balanced relative to other stuff like modulation and utilities, the two oscillators and two filters here can definitely sound great (and can even be used as four voices if you patch them cleverly - those are two great filters for experimenting).

What do you generally use Ornament and Crime for? Modules like that are great because you can try every function on it, and anything you use a lot or want more control over could be a potentially wise purchase if you get a standalone module for it.

Other than a bit more modulation, though, this looks good to me. Not too much for this size of case or anything. Are you having issues with it? Is it fun to use so far? That's the important part.

Thank you for your reply. It's really helpful. My aim of using Ornament and Crime was mainly to provide additional sequencer/random and some lfo. Looking into space in the rack, maybe I can add modules I've mentioned and get rid of O_C.

In my humble opinion, much better !
The Klavis Quadigy seems like an ideal choice for your rack, it's incredibly powerful and despite the existence of menus, the UI/UX design is great.
XAOC is also a great choice, and you might have gone for v1 in order to grab one in 2nd hand for cheap, but v2 seems like a great improvement, particularly the v/oct tracking with audio rates capabilities...
Finally, great utilities choie with the Quadratt and Noise Tools.

You seem set for a lot of sonic exploration, so ground control says "Good luck and Godspeed".

--- Voltage control all the things ---

The new version definitely feels more complete. I'm not neccesarily for or against o_C specifically, but this is probably more manageable and playable for now. You can always find some way to fit it in there if you still want to try it later.

The new version definitely feels more complete. I'm not neccesarily for or against o_C specifically, but this is probably more manageable and playable for now. You can always find some way to fit it in there if you still want to try it later.
-- Zacksname

Fully agree, in fact something I would do if this rack was for me is remove the Dixie 2 in favor of a small O&C, the power of the Phazerville firmware is simply incredible...

--- Voltage control all the things ---