I recently bought a Taiga (B-stock) at a great price and have been enjoying it immensely. The sound quality is fantastic! However, after spending some time with it, I've realized that it could benefit from being integrated into a eurorack setup where I have access to a variety of modulation sources.

I've noticed that it lacks an attenuator on the main LFO, and the FM doesn't go beyond audio rate. I think these issues could be addressed by incorporating it into my eurorack system.

I'm considering mounting the Taiga into my eurorack, but I'm a bit hesitant about unscrewing the panels and unsure about what I might be getting into. Has anyone here had experience with integrating the Taiga into a eurorack system? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've had one on my bench two weeks ago for maintenance. It's easy to take it out of the case. Just unscrew the top screws, lift it out and remove the power cable. Be easy but firm so you don't strip out the screws. Make sure to use the correct size Philips head.

What do you mean with "FM doesn't go beyond audio rate"?
There's 3 oscillators, but those coarse tuning knobs have a different range.

Not easy to get it perfectly calibrated, but when it's set up correctly it's a very nice synth. There's trimmers to set the osc base frequency without altering the pitch tracking, so you can have all 3 at (nearly) the same frequency with all coarse tuning pots at noon.

I've had a play with it to fully test it and if definitely comes more alive when patched.
If I'd buy one myself, I'd add a couple of Acid Rain Junction and/or Navigator (or any other attenuverter/mixer), maybe some extra lfo's and maybe a dual function generator (Maths or whatever). Definitely needs a nice reverb.

I recently bought a Taiga (B-stock) at a great price and have been enjoying it immensely. The sound quality is fantastic! However, after spending some time with it, I've realized that it could benefit from being integrated into a eurorack setup where I have access to a variety of modulation sources.

I've noticed that it lacks an attenuator on the main LFO, and the FM doesn't go beyond audio rate. I think these issues could be addressed by incorporating it into my eurorack system.

I'm considering mounting the Taiga into my eurorack, but I'm a bit hesitant about unscrewing the panels and unsure about what I might be getting into. Has anyone here had experience with integrating the Taiga into a eurorack system? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
-- damasio

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

Thanks, i'll have it mounted in my case tomorrow.
I got a Maths, Doepfer dual LFO & Eventide Misha waiting.

I haven't that inspired since a long time. The Taiga has a wonderfull inate tone!