Could you gibe me a feedback on this setup?

104hp 7u

ModularGrid Rack

Greetings

Chris

More envelopes and more LFOs. Otherwise, I like it. Welcome to the Nerdseq club. Yes, the Nerdseq does LFOs and envelopes and other modulation, but having them be hands-on with dedicated controls will make this setup more playable. Maybe another VCA/attenuator.

Thank you very much :D

My plan was to use the hypster as lfo and mix it with the matrix mixer.

I guess I have to look, to get something nice for the 1u row to complement, but Im a bit clueless with 1u modules

Greetings

Chris

I guess I have to look, to get something nice for the 1u row to complement, but Im a bit clueless with 1u modules

-- MCGM

XO offers excellent 1U modules: https://www.xodes.net

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

What is trhe idea of your rack ? Are you planning to live sample and resample in the Bitbox ?

Otherwise, I would actually use Nerdseq for most modulation duties, remove some modulation.
I would also probably remove the tuesday. You have a lot of sequencing power in there, and not many voices.
Also there's no filter.
What about adding a small footprint osc (Noise Engineering ?) and a filter (Joranalogue Filter 8 is very versatile) ?

On the 1U, an interesting choice is a ornament and crime, or some LPG.Maybe a 1U oscillator, that you could use for modulation ?

thank you for the advice.

the purpose of the rack is to be a live groovebox. A allrounder for live sets.
I intended the bitbox to trigger drums and also be able to sample own sounds to trigger later.

I thought to limit it to 1 voice for simplicity.

Depending on your advice, I changed a bit.

moving most utility to 1u row, like attenuverters etc

swapped maths with delta

Lainakea as main vco trough the (Ikarie Filter)
Ona as standard vco trough (Steady Fate Gate LPG)
Jolin Agogo as LPG or multiple

drums mainly with ultra perc + BIA

sequencing and modulation more focused on nerdseq

I added morphagene for glitchy fx processing.

ModularGrid Rack

how about that?

Greetings

Chris

that would be a fun rack for sure :)

for a groovebox feel, keeping the bitbox ?

(Nerdseq can also play audio samples on 2 tracks)

For keeping the groovebox feel, I would also look at a Launchpad Pro. The Nerdseq is designed to do lots of cool stuff in tandem with the Launchpad for performing and general usage.

I still can't help but feel like traditional modulation would be helpful here. Maybe an Ochd or a Batumi? A Vostok Fuji? Obviously space is limited (as is always the case in a case). No hate against the Hypster, and I'm glad to see it still in here, but playing your modulation is a big part of what will make this different from, say, a Elektron box or a Polyend Tracker.

I agree with the person above that the Bitbox is cool for this, but there is always the option of pairing this with another sampler/drum machine for those duties. Something simple like a Circuit Rhythm or Model:Samples, or even a Blackbox to get most of the Bitbox function minus the CV stuff (but plus sequencing lanes separate from the Nerdseq). You can even use the MIDI out of the Nerdseq to sync the sampler and modulate MIDI CCs on the sampler for that "modular modulation" feel. Frankly, the Nerdseq and Morphagene offer plenty here for sampling while you get comfy with all this, so I wouldn't worry about this now. It's something to consider, though.