Is there an optimal upload resolution/format for modules?

I uploaded a high-resolution proportionally-cropped png image of a module, but it appears very blurry when placed in a rack.
It appears less blurry when the image is opened on its info page, but is still not ideal.

Some similarly-sized modules appear less blurry in racks.

Actually, when loading images I always use what might seem to be a crappy format: 72 dpi .jpg. However, you have to remember that MG processes the image itself to fit whichever rack format and width it needs, so large files could actually be more problematic for MG itself, resulting in the rescaled image looking off while the module page looks better. Try giving the site something smaller to chew on and see if that works.

Counter-intuitive, yeah...but it seems to do the trick.

Thanks, Lugia.

Your advice has helped me improve the image. In addition to reducing the dpi, I cut the overall dimensions of the image 75%.
It is still blurry, but it is similar to other module images and may be close to the best the site can provide. Ideally, I would like all labels to appear clearly, but the necessary bandwidth might require a lot more unicorns.

Would be nice if there was simple guide about the number of pixels per hp/U for uploading.

ModularGrid serves the images in two resolutions depending if you have a "retina" high DPI screen or not.
All images are converted to png, maybe that is the step where loss in clarity occurs.
You can try to upload the image as png to prevent the conversion. Opacity will be preserved btw.
The module does not look too bad for me on my computer.

Thanks, modulargrid.
Are you using a high DPI screen? I am not, so cannot confirm.

I will try a png later. What are the resolutions being used so I can set my file appropriately.

Looks excellent to me, too...and as someone who's worked with builds incorporating the MB2, damn convenient, too! Kudos!

Looks excellent to me, too...and as someone who's worked with builds incorporating the MB2, damn convenient, too! Kudos!
-- Lugia

Thanks. I am glad it will be useful to you too.

I guess I won't worry about further adjustment to the image for now.