First rack! I've already got the DFAM and M32, and I love them but want to expand. I'm planning to connect to VCV Rack with the ES-8 to try things out. The Disting mk4 also seems to add a lot of open-ended functionality.

Anything anyone would change? Thanks!

ModularGrid Rack

Only the order. If it were up to me, I'd put the M32 on the bottom because of its chiclet-type keyboard controller, then the DFAM above. Top row (great choices, btw) really should be (left to right) ES-8, Mother's Helper, uScale, Maths, Disting, A-178. That puts your control functions all in one area, CV stuff down the middle, and then the theremin controller all the way on the end to keep the aerial away from the synth so that you don't have to deal with random pickup issues while tweaking the other knobs. By putting it over the Moogs' patchpoints, you're pretty assured that working with the rest of the synth doesn't cause the A-178 to pick up on random hand motions near it.

Oh, great points. Part of the weird layout is because my imagination had the pitch antenna for a standard theremin on the left (probably because Pamelia Kurstin plays lefty). I was also hoping to sit the MLH and M32 MIDI ports as close as I could, but making the keyboard more accessible will be more important, especially since I'm using the concave 3-tier rack.

Thanks for the feedback! Makes me feel more comfortable saying goodbye to my money. I think this thing will be a lot of fun.

Right, but that arrangement works if you have the volume loop aerial on the right. With just one, though, the key is to simply get it away from wherever your hand might be while using the rest of the controls. Interestingly, Moog's present-day theremins are backwards from the original RCA ones, which are pitch on the right, volume left.