Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the Divkid mutes and the Noise Engineering - Muta Jovis except from the price?

Thanks in advance,

Jazzy

I bought a couple of Muta Jovis modules. Perhaps they are just mine, but there's a voltage drop when plugging in CV. So I wouldn't use them for anything pitch related. You may also suffer a pop when using them for audio.

The DivKid mutes are based on fast acting low pass gates (vactrols). So rather than being immediately off they rapidly bring the volume down or up (like a very, very fast fade). I'd probably go with the DivKid mutes if I was purchasing it all over again. That's my $0.02.

this user has left ModularGrid

I have both.
Both will cause pitch droop. I purchased a WMD SL3kt to get around this.
My Muta Jovis has malfunctioned on me once, but the people at NE replaced it. Still a bummer, and I don't feel the Jovis is built very well.
I love my Mutes. It is built using vactrols for click-free switching. There is a nice decay of whatever signal that running through it that can add interest to the modulation, or a nice roll-off to audio. Mutes also has both momentary and latched behavior and the switches are high quality.
Both have inputs that are are normalized to the outputs below for multing signals.
Mutes is far superior in my opinion.