Dear fellows,

I am also in the process of setting up a little Eurorack setup to compliment my Minibrute, DFAM and Grandmother, but flexible enough to work with only one of them if needed. I already own the the two modules of Mutable Instruments.

My music will be versatile, but based on deep house and ambient/chill.

My Rack

Hope for your support!

Which two, though? Your build has FIVE Mutable modules in it...

Sorry, I was talking about Braids and Clouds!

Oh, good...those are the ones that are an utter PITA, people drop 'em into builds because the listings can't be made to show they're discontinued and all that...

The thing that immediately jumps out at me is the excess of mults. You've got an Intelljel buffered mult, a Mutable Links, and an Erica Mix/Split. That's 10 hp of mults in a build that only has 176 hp in it to start with! Now, I know that the idea here is to crosswire several synths, but this is overkill; you can accomplish much of this with inline mults, and keep just the Links for a single buffered mult and the crossmix capabilities. Then I'd suggest dropping in a 6 hp something such as an Intellijel TriplATT or a Happy Nerding 3xMIA to allow you to mix/invert your CV and mod signals. That would be way more versatile than just multing things, because you'd then have more tweakable control over those non-audio signals. And good onya for making sure to put the MScale in to deal with the interfacing issues inherent between "normal" Eurorack and Moog's take on it.

Otherwise, this is actually a fairly solid build, given the space constraints. I would've chosen different modules, but the architecture I'd go for would be fairly close to what you've created here, save for that one issue above.

At first I wanna thank you for your ideas.

I bought the Braids & Clouds before they disappeared from the market. To me they sounded good (live and via YouTube) and were pretty versatile, don't you think so?

Regarding the mutliples I will follow your advice. All other modules were just ides, so I would be really curious what you would change if this was your rack! I am totally open minded. As I also have the Minibrute and the Grandmother I already have some firepower (At least I am almost sure I do not need another analog oscillator).

So here is the changed rack:

Modified rack

It still shows the old one???

Ah, yeah, it'll do that. You need to pull up the "Screenshot" and see if THAT is the right image. If not, go back to the rack view and hit "refresh" in your browser, THEN recheck the screenshot. Once it and the rack view are the same, you're golden.

For what it’s worth, be mindful of the space adjacent to the power module. You can only place very shallow modules within 4 hp or so of that location, with the Quad Envelope manual saying it is 26mm deep (not counting connector placement, which can create problems even for the most shallow of modules there.)

This is definitely one of the things I’m least happy with regarding the Rackbrute, along with its angle adjustment being more limited than you’d assume (and actually more limited than what is shown in the manual!) :/

One additional thought which you may or may not already know: Note that the power module can only be placed in the upper left corner if you are standing the rack vertically.

Okay I did:

New Screenshot

For what it’s worth, be mindful of the space adjacent to the power module. You can only place very shallow modules within 4 hp or so of that location, with the Quad Envelope manual saying it is 26mm deep (not counting connector placement, which can create problems even for the most shallow of modules there.)

This is definitely one of the things I’m least happy with regarding the Rackbrute, along with its angle adjustment being more limited than you’d assume (and actually more limited than what is shown in the manual!) :/
-- mvdirty

Thank you for your feedback!!!