Hello Everyone,

I'm super new to the modular endeavor but am really excited about it. Right now I'm trying to be a sponge and soak up as much knowledge as possible. I've been writing music for year and years, but now I'm really getting into synthesis and finally took the plunge and bought a monorocket case with two rows of 102 HP with the top rack being +5. Right now I have nothing in the rack and wanted to get some opinions. I currently have 2 mother 32s, a future retro revolution, a little phatty, a volca keys and lastly a oberheim matrix-1000 as a starting point (I won't be rack mounting them). What should I get to compliment these? I'm looking for lush, maybe whimsical type sounds maybe like this:

So originally, I was thinking primarily about reverbs, delays, clouds and rings from mutable (random other effects), with some modulation tools (maybe the tides modular?) to go with my synths I already have. Then I came across mylarmelodies videos of the atlantis and metropolis and damn...they sounded amazing and fun. This however totally deviates from my original effects idea. I feel lost. I think I just want versatility but then like a moron with a lack of knowledge, I start reading about some other modules and then completely shift my idea. So I guess all and all, what are your thoughts to someone who has little knowledge about synthesis, but wants to start experimenting with this stuff and leans towards building a lush, dreamy type synth? If this question is vague, I apologize!

Thank you all so much and I look forward to being part of this community!

I would not necessarily recommend to build a modular to get a lush, dreamy type synth.
It's difficult to play polyphony on a modular. For dreamy pads stay with your Matrix.
Modulars are more awesome strange noise and slightly out of tune machines.
I recommend to start with the typical building blocks Osc/VCF/VCA/Envelope/LFO. Add a Modulation Sequencer for fun.
Add one or two mystical modules of your choice for individuality
Atlantis is a synthesizer on it's own, like your mother (no insult here).
A main component for the sound in the mylarmelodies video is the Eventide reverb box, I think.