Anyone here into pedals?

There's a section on MG for pedals, but no section on the forum? Unless I am missing something? In which case I apologise!

Anyway, I am writing specifically to give a big song of praise to Chase bliss... wow! What a wonderful company and delightful people :D

If you don't know them already I highly recommend checking them out!!

I am taking commissions for module builds again - finally!! DM for details :)

Tapographic FS or TRADE - whatcha got?

You can find my modular synth album here https://kel-audio.bandcamp.com - enjoy!

Hi Kel,

Ha, ha, good that you mentioned the pedal section, I wasn't even aware of it, though kind of interested in it for adding some effects to all my "noise" ;-)

Indeed a bit weird that there is no Pedals section in this Forum.

Kind regards, Garfield.

Oh, yes...I have a nice "library" of stompboxes here. I've made sure to have DC supplies for them by each of the main routing patchbays in here so that I can "drop in" one if I need an extra something-or-another to a certain sound. Sort of like a VST...but hardware.

Love the Mood, btw...one of the best things Chase Bliss does. But there's a lot of CRAZY stuff going on down at the lower end of the price spectrum...there's quite a few Chinese pedals in the arsenal here now, and brands like Biyang, Aural Dream, etc are in there...along with several things from the Noisemasters of Beijing, CUVAVE.

Just get their FUZZ pedal. Seriously. Most anything that Cuvave's designed is somewhat off-kilter and weird, but the Cuvave FUZZ has "future classic" stamped all over it. I kid you not. I have two...and drum signals through these just sound like some sort of hideous industrial cataclysm. I even have a RAT R2DU (the dual rackmount version, original circuit), and the Cuvave can kick that device right to the curb! Before we get into some sort of moron-grade war with the PRC, you guys need to be scoping these Chinese pedals out...some of them are truly AMAZING.

Hi Lugia,

Thank you very much for the recommendations! I will check them out, checking a lot of pedals right now :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

I love pedals well since I also play guitar that is a given! So far really like my Digitech Whammy DT pedal for pitch shifting madness and down tuning or up tuning as well as Boss overdrive and FX pedals and fuzz pedals. I put an ALM Busy Circuits S.B.G. module in one of my racks to use pedals with so fun.

I am exploring modular/pedal relations, there's a lot to discover and play with :)

You can find my modular synth album here https://kel-audio.bandcamp.com - enjoy!

Oh, yes...I have a nice "library" of stompboxes here. I've made sure to have DC supplies for them by each of the main routing patchbays in here so that I can "drop in" one if I need an extra something-or-another to a certain sound. Sort of like a VST...but hardware.

Love the Mood, btw...one of the best things Chase Bliss does. But there's a lot of CRAZY stuff going on down at the lower end of the price spectrum...there's quite a few Chinese pedals in the arsenal here now, and brands like Biyang, Aural Dream, etc are in there...along with several things from the Noisemasters of Beijing, CUVAVE.

Just get their FUZZ pedal. Seriously. Most anything that Cuvave's designed is somewhat off-kilter and weird, but the Cuvave FUZZ has "future classic" stamped all over it. I kid you not. I have two...and drum signals through these just sound like some sort of hideous industrial cataclysm. I even have a RAT R2DU (the dual rackmount version, original circuit), and the Cuvave can kick that device right to the curb! Before we get into some sort of moron-grade war with the PRC, you guys need to be scoping these Chinese pedals out...some of them are truly AMAZING.
-- Lugia

Well... it's not every day you get a post like this!!

Ordered... thank you for the treasure drop :D

Hey, no prob...info unshared is useless to everyone! BTW, another really odd Chinese pedal that the synth crowd might like is the Aural Dream Breath Delay. This simply looks like a basic ol' analog delay...but then, there's that "NO - GH" toggle switch and what IT does. And what that is is that it puts a sustain on the feedback path of sorts, and the result is that the delay tails stay at an even level and DON'T decay. Used properly (like, with a sequencer-driven line), the effect is just stunning! It's sort of like a Palmer Timepressor, but in the Breath Delay's case the tail compression is fixed. And it's loads cheaper than the Palmer! Aural Dream has a number of very odd stompboxes like that...I also have their Super Ring, sort of a tremolo...until you crank the oscillator in it into audio range and yeeeeeeeOW!

Very nice, I will definitely put that on the list of things to check out when things return to normal! Sounds fun - I can't think of anything that does this, at leas nothing I have around anyway, the closest I can think is the freeze option on the reverb on MI Elements!

I keep meaning to get into DIY for stomp boxes, there's an awful lot of these things around and a lot of them are quite simple circuits, which in turn means the are probably nice things to experiment with.

Hi Kel_,

Where did you found that Cuvave? I can't find it here in Germany, did you found a UK website where it can be ordered from? Till end of December I can order from the UK websites before taxes might complicate ordering stuff... :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

Sure... just on eBay :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193453605334

It's yet to turn up, but I have no reason to doubt it will - I can let you know if you like?

Haha... it's a load of ol' cobblers hey!

At least you will have the rest of EU to order from hehe, we here in the UK will have no trade deal with anyone, except the possibility of selling blue cheese to the Japanese, who invariably have a dairy intolerance...

Our illustrious Prime Minister thinks will save us along with a deal with Australia for Tim Tams - whoop!

I jest not:

Hi Kel_,

Ah eBay okay :-) I was hoping for a dealer that I might have known already. All right, will further look and if I can't find anything I might one day consider an eBay purchase. For the moment I have enough modules on my wish list, I can buy from my regular dealers, that (could) make me bankrupt so I am good for the moment ;-)

Yes true, at least we can buy elsewhere in Europe, though you got some lovely module manufacturers in the UK. The biggest concern I have will be the prices of Instruo in 2021, they are already expensive as they are now but after the Brexit I am afraid they become even more unaffordable :-( Instruo just being one example, you got quite a few interesting manufacturers.

I am going to do soon my last few orders with some UK websites "before it's too late" ;-)

Sigh... then perhaps in 10 or 20 years again ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

Also, you'll find these stompboxes on Amazon and Reverb. This might also be a suitable solution. Just keep in mind that if/when you see prices exceeding $50 for any Cuvave pedal, you'll get ripped off if you pull the trigger on those...since the normal prices for these are in the $25-40 range. Don't get snaked by the clipjoints!

Hi Lugia,

Okay found it, thank you :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

My Cuvave Fuzz turned up, a very nice solid little box, both physically and what it does to audio!

Smashing - thanks again :)

Literally smashing, even! The waveforms might complain, but oh...that ripped-up Cuvave SOUND...daaaaaaaaaamn...

Glad you dig it. Oh...if you have the right device for it, try DC-starving it some. That can get really nasty and really fun!

Hehe, someone gets my sense of humour... wonders will never cease :D

Yep, good idea, I have a nice bench power supply, can probably get quite specific!

Did you ever work out what the mysterious usb socket is for?

Yep...it's a secondary power inlet, so that if you don't have the appropriate 9V adapter, you can plug the nasty little thing into USB. Pretty effin' smart...and Cuvave does this on most of their boxes, which is one of the things that separates them from the other Chinese OEMers.

Oh nice, I was wondering if this was the case, that's really handy :)

Thank you!