Hi there,

Got my hands on Drezno but as far as I can tell I'm either missing something or it's defective. I've fed several different Eurorack level signals to the ADC input (Plaits, Sample Drum, Subharmonicon), and the bit LEDs and the faders will all light up when adjusted. I believe that means they should be loud enough to clip. I've turned the link On, turned up the gain and offset of the DAC in several configurations, but the DAC output will only give me a very quiet version of the input signal at best, giving only noise if I turn the gain up enough past a point.

By default with nothing else patched but the audio in and out, I believe it should just do 8-bit resampling, creating a subtle audio effect as stated in the manual. I don't expect it to attenuate the input by a ton. Any ideas?

Going from memory... Is there meant to be a cable connecting the two mini pin ports on the back?

Yes... this, from ZAOC confirms:

"there is no "internal" A/D->D/A connection in Drezno. The connection between these two halves is provided only by the ribbon cable. Drezno is shipped with the cable plugged both sides to it"

My guess is that the cable is missing or not seated properly!

===

You need to break this connection to introduce Lipsk or other expanders ;)

Super cool module, one of the most innovative things to happen in Eurorack, well.... ever! I love mine!!

Yup I contacted them and they confirmed the same. I'm just surprised it's not mentioned in the installation bit of the manual. Mine came disconnected from the module, I thought it was just for Lipsk. Thank ya!

Oh nice, glad you got it sorted, it is a great module, so much fun :)

...and yeah,, that's a pretty fundamental thing that should be explicitly stated in the manual!

I highly recommend getting Lipsk, really nice being able to manually switch the bits around... and if you can Jena and Odessa too... incredible!!

They are a bit of a brain wrangler at first, but once you get it, there's tons of potential.

I am super keen to see what they do next with it :)

Ha, trust me I'm aware. I have a deep appreciation for digital logic and such, I'm gonna be doing a video on it soon. Check out Max Makes Music on YouTube if interested, looking to do the whole subsystem eventually. I hope they expand it further

Oh yes, I have seen your videos I think! Cool, please do post them here when you do them, I will definitely watch those!

Do you know this? Essential viewing if not ;)

Just started it up actually so maybe someone else! I'll definitely check that out though, should be good research for sure, much appreciated!

How curious, wonder who I was thinking of then... I may remember in a bit, name sounds really familiar!!

Anyway, yes, essential viewing if you are dealing with any digital signals at all, ever :)

Haha certainly, though mostly just a good refresher from school. I'll try my best to give the digital domain a good name.

Hi,

Thanks for talking about Drezno and his expander.
This video helped me to understand how it works.
https://m.

Excellent!! I know this anyway, but thanks for sharing :)

It is kinda hard going, especially at the end with those constant pitches from Odessa, but worth it, such brilliant modules, totally unique!!

Leibniz subsystem and Odessa make an appearance on my LP... it's really obvious where if you listen :)

Ended up making the thingy

Hope I could do it some justice

Nice, thank you.

Very good, I enjoyed that Max, thank you :)

Definitely useful to help anyone understand what this Drezno does, looking forward to see what you do next with it!