Fiddling with the Resonance and VCF EG AMT on the subharmonicon (i.e. turning them up high) will create bird noises

I'd love to hear a sample of this. Is the DFAM required to get bird sounds? I have a M32 and SH and it'd be cool to add synth birds to my backyard bird recordings.

I'd love to hear a sample of this. Is the DFAM required to get bird sounds? I have a M32 and SH and it'd be cool to add synth birds to my backyard bird recordings.
-- TumeniKnobs

Heya! The DFAM isn't required actually, I was mostly using it for a soft background noise. You just need the M32 and the Subharmonicon to get those synth birds. Technically you don't even need to be using the SH's oscillators, the sound itself is produced by just hooking the M32 into the SH's clock and then turning up the resonance and VCF EG amt, and you can mess with the rhythms to get different amounts of randomness (you could even just do this with only the SH, but I like the additional flavor that the M32 adds to it) Here's another version of this patch with just the bird sounds part: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/view/78338

I dropped a quick recording of this on my soundcloud actually (along with some patch notes if you go to the soundcloud page):

I think the main thing though is that you'll probably want to have a reverb on this, otherwise it just sounds like random squeaks. I originally had this going through a reverb pedal (the tc electronic hall of fame), but I think really any reverb would do.