Thread: Bug Report

I'm still finding the "Command Center" (unicorn account) very frustrating. I have a lot of rack plans, for two different size racks, but the preview sizes of the racks constantly changes, but not uniformly, so the previews of some racks are bigger than others even thought the racks are the same size (same number of rows, same HP). Refreshing the page constantly changes the preview sizes in different ways that I can't understsand. It wasn't like this when I first started using the system - all the previews would appear the same size if the racks were the same size. I thought it was related to the length of the rack names - if they wrapped to two lines - but even if all names fit on a single line I still get this erratic behaviour. It seems very buggy and inconsistent - I'd like to see an overhauled Command Center layout where each rack design fits a designated space, with allowance made for word-wrapping titles that don't affect the placement of the previews and previews that are a consistent size - i.e. all previews in all row fitting the same width, with just the height varying to maintain aspect ratio. This is the sort of thing I do myself when making website layouts with HTML/CSS for image galleries (e.g. real estate listings) [note: this happens in both Chrome and Firefox on my Win 7 Pro machine, latest versions of both browsers]

Thread: Change Log

That new feature does more harm than good. I rolled all changes back.

-- modulargrid

You need a "thumbs up" or "thanks" button for forum posts so we don't have to reply to say "thanks"!

Thread: Change Log

Manufacturer searchable datalis

Since we have so many manufacturers listed on MG the manufacturer select box in the module search form was not very easy to operate. Especially on touch devices where you could not enter a letter to shortcut to a manufacturer.

The new system is tricky to use on my workstation with a Wacom tablet (I don't have any any of those "mouse" things). If I start typing a name it brings up a "pop-up" with matching manufacturer names, but that pop-up will disappear before I can click on it - it doesn't work well with absolute pointing devices. I can get around this by only using keyboard input but it's a bit clunky. If this new method helps people on other platforms, then perhaps provide a "mode" switch to allow for both methods.

I keep on hard refreshing (Ctrl-F5) both the rack page and the screenshot image page, but nothing is resulting in a capture of the current state of the rack.
-- sibilant

I think that might be Shift-F5 (perhaps also CTRL-R) in Chrome, which for me does refresh "screenshots" when they're not updating. Perhaps try it in Command Centre view first, also the "refresh" pop-up button that appears when you mouse-over the layouts in Command Centre View.

Command Centre thumbnails (rack images) for the past few weeks/months(?) seem to be regenerating/refreshing erratically, with racks of the same specification rendering at different sizes,
-- AndyQ

I've figured out what triggers this behaviour - when some rack names wrap to two lines and others are on a single line. That starts screwing with what size the previews are generated at, although it affects whole "columns" of rack images. There are also issues where the rack images are not refreshed to the highest resolution - going through each individually and hitting the "update screenshot" button will refresh the image, but then image sizes (can) change again. They also revert to lower resolution versions after browser resizing or other events. Certainly, there some relatively new bugs causing the Command Centre thumbnails to be irregular and unstable - all of this stuff was fine previously (at least until late-ish 2021)

Command Centre thumbnails (rack images) for the past few weeks/months(?) seem to be regenerating/refreshing erratically, with racks of the same specification rendering at different sizes, then those preview sizes changing when "update screenshot preview" is selected. There are other sizing behaviours I can't figure out, but I'm finding it almost impossible to view all my racks at the same size (when they're the same sized racks). This is a relatively new behaviour/bug but I can't say when it started. I'm using both the latest Chrome and Firefox browsers under Win 7 Pro. It seems dependent on how many "columns" of racks are displayed, and the width of the browser window - I'll get one full column of racks that are much larger previews than others. Anyone else getting this? Cheers!

could we please have the any incomplete rows left-justified rather than fully justified?
that should work now. > -- modulargrid

Thanks!

I know what you mean. The graphic designer and the web developer had heated discussions above that topic. That was not very productive especially since they are the same person. (web developer always wins)
-- modulargrid

Yep, I'm the same, but my graphic/UI designer side always wins and the web developer side has to put in the extra hours to make it happen, which is why everything I do....takes ....so.....long...

Thanks!

On the "Command Centre" (sorry..."center") display, could we please have the any incomplete rows left-justified rather than fully justified? As a graphic designer, I start to cry when I see three racks spread apart on the final row, after seeing evenly spaced racks above (this wasn't the case before). Whilst I'm at it, could the rows also be padded out so that the tops of all the cases align regardless of the length of the case title - e.g. make it like a spreadsheet table where you have a row of case titles above a row of cases. Perhaps user-selectable options for the visual sizes of cases too (they got smaller after recent updates). Cheers!