Polyphony on modular/eurorack is getting easier. I have an Acid labs Chainsaw polyphonic module on order and will try it out.
That said certain styles of music like trance and house are easier with a polyphonic fixed hardware synth like a Roland Jupiter X or Prophet X since they have 10 voices, filters, arpeggio, sequencer, FX and even drums on some Roland synths included.
-- sacguy71

Exactly, fixed hardware synths are certainly better for some applications, but polyphony in eurorack is not that complicated or expensive anymore. The different way of controlling them can be a bit limiting in some ways, but I would argue that that's also inspiring. And with modules like the polycinematic, we're getting closer and closer to having something very similar to fixed hardware poly synths in eurorack too.

Just Friends has individual signal inputs and individual outputs (as well as a mix output). By itself you can use it to play the over- and undertone series and other relations between the manifold generators, but with Crow or Teletype you get control over each voice individually, letting you program your own sequencer/sequence. That's definitely polyphonic.

Edit: oh, and also things like Bitbox mk2.

Regarding polyphony, things have changed quite a bit with all the dedicated polyphonic modules lately.

Building a polyphonic modular from separate VCO's, VCA's, VCF's, etc. is no longer necessary. Moreover, these dedicated polyphonic modules often provide ways of controlling the voices without sending separate CV/Gate to each voice. That opens up entirely new workflows, which inevitably result in different music. Many of these modules are also not significantly more expensive than a regular oscillator, nor do they require excessive amounts of modules to support them.

So I'd argue that polyphony is no longer an issue in eurorack, it just often requires a different approach.