hello all, tiny question, just brought one of these off ebay..... red stripe up or down on the power cable connecting to the module itself please? up i think? no user manual online.....

Thank you all so much for this, is amazingly helpful, a lot for me to consider and think i need to undertake a serious rethink..... This community is pretty amazing, offering you time / expertise to help out a stranger, you are good people!

Thanks again :)

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster....

I currently make dissapointing house music for self-release using a NI Maschine but have been increasingly tinkering with VCV rack and loving the generative abilities/possibilities. I have a modest budget of around £1500 to build an initial setup loosely based around the idea of a "Minimum Viable Party" an all in one unit, this unit will be focussed on Techno / Electro primarily.

I have included Pamela and Ornament and Crime for Sequencing, quantized note generation and other functionality (Hemisphere firmware on the O&C)

My voices are Plaits and MCO for their versatility.
Pico and Hats module for 3 drum voices.
DSP & MMF for effects and filtering
VCA, Mixer & Outs (Envelopes for the MCO coming from the O&C)

Am hoping for critique in terms of module choice;

Are there better modules to achieve the same? Assuming the approx. price of each module is relatively firm (within 10% odd)
Do my choices make sense?
Are there any glaring omissions?

Thanks in advance you lovely people...