A drum machine, actually. But barring that, it seems like there should be a solution in drum sequencer modules such as Acidlab's Robokop, Twisted Electrons' Crazy8 Beats, or Erica's Drum Sequencer, all of which are specifically designed to function like drum machine sequencers. While I like and use the BSPs for various things, with one exception (triggering an ancient MXR Drum Computer with a blown sequencer section) I tend to use these as step sequencers, particularly in situations where I want multiple monophonic lines in asynchrony.
-- Lugia

Thanks for your thoughts Lugia. I've had many and most drum machines ..new and old but want a tactile way I can play, in terms of live recording of drum hits and muting and unmuting drum sounds whilst all in the rack. Even with the BSP I feel disconected to from the rack modules. Oh well I'll check out the modules you mention. ✌

Hey all, I am struggling to find a fluid way to perform live with my modular drums. I am currently using a beatstep pro to sequence some tiptop drum modules but find its muting method bloody annoying.

What's your method for perfoming live with drums?

Thanks,
Alpha Hz