I am pretty sure you will be able to fry your modules when trying to combine gates with a mult, switched or not. The thing that he is (ab)using is that some modules might have protection against this. But It's really no good idea to use this as a basis for your patch.

Better go for something that actually does the job. like the Low Gain Electronics Short Bus: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/low-gain-electronics-short-bus-v-3

I'm currently looking into fabricating my own dual or-combiner to go with my muxlicer. I'll start a thread on my progress later today.
easyEDA
-- zuggamasta

Thanks a lot - the Short Bus is exactly what i was looking for!

Hi,

I´m currently looking into combining triggers from diferent sources to drive e.g. a single drum voice.
As i read through a lot of threads, i get that a logic module (especially an OR function) would do the trick on a basic level.

Than i came across this old video from mylarmelodies

He uses a switched multiple to combine triggers into a single output. This way he´s able to toggle different trigger sources on and off - which i think is pretty cool.

Now, my actual question is, if this use of a switched multiple is more or less "safe"? I read multiple times, that modules could be damaged when fed combined trigger voltages (e.g. 10 v).

Can anybody confirm or deny that?

Moreover, can you think of another method to achieve the same? (being able to switch combined trigger sources on and off)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Hey guys,

i own a Mutant Brain for a while now and i am very happy with it in general. Today i added a Pittsburgh Modular Micro Sequence to my system and i want to feed it a clock signal from my Mutant Brain. That simply doesn´t do anything. I can clock the Micro Sequence with a simple square lfo and it does work. I also just discovered that a square lfo, sent to the micro sequence via the mutant brain´s CV Outputs, works as well. It´s just the dedicated Gate Outputs, that can be configured as Clock Outs, don´t work
I tried to research how to configure the clock output of the Mutant Brain, but didn´t find anything usefull.
Can anybody give me an advise on that?

Thanks for your help in advance - cheers !