Wow, that's awesome. That would make signal processing so much easier. I found an ALM version with an offset that takes up 4hp vs the Befaco 5. I'm starting to think planning out a rack is just as fun as actually playing. Thanks again, Ronin.

Ronin, thanks so much. Yes, I think I'll start with the ES-9 and slowly figure out things from there. This will also save my wallet as I expand the rack. Thanks for the input on the Voltage Block and the attenuators/mixers. I was hoping the hex VCA and Maths would be enough, but I'll look into dropping the Block and adding some more attenuverters and mixers, maybe still have room for Mimetic Digitalis too. I promise if I ever hit the lottery, I'll make sure you find that 'evaluation' 4MS SMR. Cheers.

Hey Ronin,

Thanks for the reply. I plan on keeping the Minibrute 2s and 0-Coast as a core part of this setup. My original reason for getting the Rackbrute was to further sophisticate my desktop modulation and I quickly found myself planning out the rest of the rack. The appeal of the Rackbrute in specific was how easily it marries with the Minibrute 2s.

I was also flirting with the 4MS Spectral Multiband Resonator over some of the effects modules. Any thoughts on that?

Hey All,

I'm beginning my adventure into Eurorack proper and just bought a Rackbrute with Maths, Links, Kinks, Disting, and a hex VCA. I also have a Neutron, 0-Coast, Korg SQ-1, a Microfreak, and a Zoom MS-70CDR pedal but am planning on selling the Neutron eventually for the Minibrute 2s. I'm mostly into noisey type ambient stuff and sometimes throw percussion on to give it some momentum (but don't need that in the rack). I've posted how I plan to complete my rack eventually and would appreciate and advice you guys can provide on module pairings, oversights, and errors I have in planning this rack. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide. Hope you guys have a great rest of the year.

xo,
omegasnk

ModularGrid Rack

Hey All,

I've been slowly building up to Eurorack, looking to get into the more kind of weird West Coast synthesis, and recently discovered the Pittsburgh Modular Voltage Research Laboratory. This looks like a pretty good entry into the type of music/compositions I'd like to make. Right now I'm coming from a mix of the Microbrute, Neutron,some time wit the 0-Coast and VCV Rack.

For $1500 though, I could probably build up a pretty solid starter rack and emulate some but probably not all of the functionality included in the VRL. If anyone could provide guidance on whether or not the Voltage Lab is a solid entry point (for the price) or recommend Eurorack modules that could approximate the functionality similarly. I think some of this could be replicated with a complex oscillator, Maths, Hermod, Pressure Points, Marbles, filters and LFOs, and some sort of midi or Euro controller but I imagine that's nearing $2500+. At the same time, VRL also compresses this functionality into two 48hp modules which would help if/when I expand further. Thanks in advance for any help.

Voltage Research Laboratory:
https://pittsburghmodular.com/voltage-research-laboratory