Good to know your observations. Sounds like if I was playing single notes it'd work fine. A chromatic harmonica should work well then. What about bending notes like on a diatonic harmonica? I'm assuming with chords things fall apart or get more difficult.
-- ScottyDizzle
Bending works perfectly.
Be aware that even if playing through this module with a mic and speakers I front doesn't really produce audio feedback, the pitch tracking will completely get lost. Personally I'm using a pickup mic inside a mute for my trumpet. For harmonica, you'll have to play with headphone for good results. Or with speaker set with a gentle volume.

I received my copy some days ago and had time to dive in a bit.
I'm a trumpet player and I can say that the hardware rocks. It's absolutely self-sufficient. No need of preamp-prefiltering. Be aware that with non-monophonic instrument like guitars, you have to play very clean to avoid any surprise. But with monophonic instrument and voice, it works really great. The firmware still needs a lot of work, but it's very promising.

Or maybe that:
Instrument interface (befaco) through a little bandpass filter, through disting for pitch and cv tracking)...

This one will put all my musical ground together. This will raise my horn to a galactic level. I'll be patient enough… I hope!!

This looks great.
With a pitch tracker functionality, it would be a perfect guy ;)