Great tips from Joris above. I'm using an ES-9 myself (kinda like a big ES-8) to send all my channels separately to my iPad. I guess you can do the same on a PC/mac. Put each in a channel strip, then add any EQ or sidechain compression you like. I worked with a basic Ladik mixer and Befaco out before, but when I finally switched to AUM (audio mixer on iPad), it was a revelation. The ES-9 also has outs, so I send the mix back from iPad to the ES-9 where I can send it out to speakers or headphone. Having every channel in a channel strip setup also allows me to add a few effects when I run out of effect modules
-- Arrandan

I just got the ES-9 Eurorack Audio + CV Interface - can I just use it to mix inline and use the audio ins and out without going to the iPad - as in like in inline Mixer module - or is the entire purpose to use the ES-9 to get audio out as an audio interface?

I've got an Arturia Microfreak, a set of Euro Rack Modules and various ins and outs - and a Microcosm - I'm trying to make a performance rig - but hooking up this to be both mixed and also not a too high level output to the OB-4 - seems like I can't get it all to work - any thoughts on using an effects return? I want the microcosm to be final in the chain - but could be thinking about it wrong - the idea is to have something like the Arturia or a Guitar for input - and then into the Modular then out of the Modular - then to the OB-4.

Do I need to fix the output? Do I need to fix the input? Do I need to get a mixer or since I'm doing one chain not an issue?

![]