And the quickstart guide says 400mA, not 350.

I already have :
-the MB2S
-Plaits
-Rings
-Veils
-Doepfer quad ADSR
-a passive 2hp multi from Doepfer (i know.... but i'm not fond of stackcables )
-Erica Synths Black Stereo Delay
- and a Ripples which will be probably useless (not visible on the screenshot.)

What do you think about the other, possible, modules ?

Clouds, Erbe Verb ... or Maths ?

The ZPO seems to be a very rich analog vco. That's what i'm looking for. But do you think the others modules are enough for taking advantage of it ?

Musical styles inspiration : Depeche Mode, John Carpenter, Tangerine Dream, Perturbator, ....
This kind of think :
Link
Link
Link

My rack so far :
now

What i currently plan :
now

I'd better get a stereo VCF instead of a Ripples but, well, no problem, i'll get a second Ripples... or not, i'm not 100% sure 2 of them would be useful with a Graphic VCO (?)

A second Plaits.... i made some VCV tests fusioning 2 Plaits in one, it sounds amazing (from my point of view.)

I think i will probably need a buffered multiple for v/o purposes.

Only synthesis modules here, i prefer to keep sequencers external (apart from the Stages sequencing capacity.)

alt text

I think about starting by adding a full voice, a Lifeforms SV1. (my first idea was a Plaits but i like classical osc sounds and i want it to have its own enveloppe and filter which would mean adding others modules instead of using the EXT IN of the MB2S, ..... so a flexible full synth looks better for me.... at first)
And a multitap delay (i don't know which one. Magneto seems to be the best but it takes a lot of space.) I've seen several people combining 2 Milky Ways (?) I want "stereo" outs, mixing, ping pong, etc.
And a Mutable Links because of its precision adder : my goal would be to add a Sequencer which primary function would be to transpose the MB2s sequencer. But i don't know which one. Probably a simple and not too wide one.

(At first the Quad VCA may be a little useless but i think it will be later)

(and maybe a sampler, i've always been fascinated by the Emax EMU and Depeche Mode early area)

alt text

Yep, good advice. Cara and nrings seem to be assembled.
I wonder why the Michigan Synth Works rings clone is 100E more expensive than the two others.
I'll have a look to Mimeophon.

Thank for those precious advices :)

Which clones of Marbles and Rings are the best ? Cara and nRings ?

Nothing else missing ?

Update. Do you think it works ?

alt text

The more i learn about the mb2s the more i think i made the good choice :)
Very cool.

It could control the extra vco and the mb2s vco(s) simultaneously with an different sequence ?
That's a lot of space saved :)

Maybe something like that but i'm sure there are possible improvements.
The sequencer would be used by the graphic vco.

alt text

Hello,
Here my first attempt to carefully start a Rackbrute6U (+ a minibrute2S.)
My musical synth tastes are very various, for instance : Tangerine Dream, Depeche Mode, Infected Mushroom, Perturbator.

My very first goal is to be able to get some space/alien/experimental sounds. (So more on the side of Tangerine Dream , Pink Floyd, etc ... i love the old progressive bands weird sounds.)
So i plan to add a Multi Effect (DSP2 ?), Rings (?) and some utility modules which i think will always be useful
Am i on the right way ? Is the DSP2 versatile enough ?

Then my second, future, goal will be to add a VCO, maybe an Erica Synths Graphic VCO (+a sequencer+filter+LFO, etc. ... maybe a random module ?)
My third goal will probably about adding a sampler ... if there is enough space remaining. But this is another story...

I will take all the necessary time to avoid bad moves. It may take months or even a couple of years, there is no hurry. My goal is also to avoid overflowing the Rackbrute 6U so i need versatile modules.