I get your point JimHowell1970. Thank you both for the comments.
I already have a nord 2 for poly and the digitakt for drums, I just need another small box to have an analog mono voice and some sound mangling capabilities. A small case like nifty or intellijel already has some midi/audio ins/outs, that's part of the reason why I like them.
I delved into modular when I saw what Knobs, Ricky Tinez and Ihor were doing in only 62hp. That's what I'm into, I also have a ZOIA and never used the external cv.
I like modular because it's challenging to make it worth it and personal in a small footprint, the only thing that makes me question a small case now is the utilities necessary to make it work, as you pointed out to me. If it's very small I risk missing something essential, if it gets too big it defeats the purpose of being compact. If I had a big case I'd probably never end filling it up.
I think I'll go for a smaller filter compared to blades and add the utilities you recommended, but I'd like to keep Maths and Morphagene.

I thank you all for your feedback.

I realise that I lack experience and that a moderately bigger case would be a more practical (and economical) solution to ease my way into modular synthesis. I definitely need to do more research on utilities and trying them in person. That said, I don't agree on the idea of compromise.

I see compromise as the reason why I'm getting into modular instead of what I'm trying to avoid. I don't have much experience with synthesis as I have with guitar pedalboards, but I think that assembling one works in a similar fashion. I don't see myself expanding into a bigger system because modular for me is just a part of my setup that I would like to keep compact and simple to use (alongside other gear ).

Just like having too many pedals is (for me) a big bother and gets in the way of actually playing I would like to squeeze as much as I need in a smaller footprint. (With a specific goal in mind).

I guess the fun part of modular for me is finding a good compromise rather than embarking on an endless quest. Does this make sense? The more I look at bigger systems (say 176hp) and the more I think it wouldn't be something I'd like to use.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to put expensive modules in a nifty case?
Will it lack cv modulation or vcas? I plan to sequence it with a Digitakt.
I am in between starting with niftycase or intellijel 4u 62hp and a similar arrangement (minus the disting ex).

Thread: 62 HP Idea

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I hope it's appropriate.
I'm relatively new to modular and I'd be interested in getting some feedback on an Intellijel case I've been thinking about.
My idea is to have a compact modular to midi control via my Elektron Digitakt, comprising a granular synth, some modulation and a single analogue voice to play bass/do some sound design with.

I'd like to know if I missed some important module or things could be done in a more efficient way to achieve similar results.
I'm open to your suggestions :)
Have a nice day