Been watching Bana Haffar videos lately, specifically when she's playing the DFAM, there's a nice little (short) video of her playing in a shop with just the DFAM and a small selection of modules. Most are obvious, however the little 2HP module on the very right. It doesn't show up until about half-way through the video (0:37). Anyone have any ideas what that is?

Thank you all for the informative replies. I come from a music background, been playing in live bands most of my life, and over the past 4 years or so have been slowly getting more in to electronic music composition. I started on volcas and groove boxes, after a number of various pieces of gear I've currently settled on the Deluge as my centerpiece, I also have a Crave which I use paired often.

The more I've learned about electronic music, composition, and specifically flexibility of designing systems of rules from which music emerges has continued to lead me down the road into modular.

You've all convinced me that the Pico System is probably not the best first dive into eurorack for me. I understand that I'm not necessarily going to love every piece of gear I get along the way, and as I learn I'd like to have the flexibility to re-use or resell pieces of gear. @Lugia thanks for the suggestions, I have been looking at the Soundmachines Modulor114 and it looks pretty awesome. Something that could be re-sold as a stand-alone unit or mounted into a eurorack case (or kept separate but paired) is much more attractive, plus is sounds amazing!

@farkas I am going for mostly ambient pads and rythmic variance with analogue percussion. I am also looking to make my eventual system as generative as possible, which would allow me to run it as an accompaniment to the Deluge, as melodic ideas I generally scratch out on the Deluge.

I found a DFAM being sold second-hand by someone who actually lives in my neighborhood and plan to get that for now, pairing with my Crave and using my Deluge as an effects processor + extra CV and Gate as I experiment and learn more about modular. I figure this is a good starting point for now as the DFAM is pretty unique (resale value), is self housed + can be mounted in a eurorack, and is a good starting point for expansion if I decide to pick up a few modules (like Maths, for example) I could easily set up a little moog 2-3 tier stand. And at some point I may still go for that Modulor114 :)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I plan to take things slow and grow only as I learn and maybe hit some walls. Any tips on great ways to interface the Deluge with modular would be welcome. Cheers.

I am new to modular, and looking for a good way to get started without knowing exactly what sets of modules I want to start with. I came across the Pico System III Eurorack version and it seemed like it could be a great first module for a Eurorack system, however after searching around (including in this forum) I found very little evidence of ANYONE using this in a Eurorack. I saw some cool demos of the desktop version, but no discussion of it within the Eurorack communities I checked.

Is this something I'd end up wanting to get rid of once I got familiar with Eurorack? It seems cool, but considering I haven't found any evidence of people using it in their Eurorack systems, I feel I would have a hard time selling a eurorack version of it.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Would I be better off getting the desktop version due to the resalability?