This is all very good input, it ultimately is my goal to move into a bigger case sooner rather than later.

I already own Forbidden Planet so it'll inevitably be incorperated but I'm always open to more filters. I've been playing around with getting them to self oscillate with resonance in a pinch when I want a basic voice, love all the stuff filters can do. I had another comment about FxAid on here, that would work nicely with disting and give me good FX options so that's a definite bookmark. I'm all for Veils, that seems like a good replacement for the bulky quad VCA, as someone above mentioned that it's a little overkill for a system this small.

Pico Drums sounds like a good call for a slightly larger system, and I can swap out the 2hp modules in the meatime. Having a dedicated trig and clock source sounds good, as it opens up Varigate and uOC for melodic sequencing.

My reason for running with the idea of Knit is that I've used Braids in the past and really liked it. I am however opening to aquiring more sound sources. I think Maths is on the whishlist but Quadrax being able to do so many things is pretty cool. I might spring for that solely because of it's smaller footprint.

All in all these are all super useful suggestions and now I have some really good modules on my radar. Man, now I just want ALL the things!

I'm looking to move into a larger case soon, I already own a few modules outside of these. My plan is ultimately sell the 84HP case when these new modules are be aquired and never look back.

As for your pointers: I'll for sure take your advice and go lighter on the VCA's. I was looking at Tallin for it's overdrive capabilities, but I imagine the same can be accomplished in a smaller footprint. As you said, I do have some outboard FX, but ultimately I was looking to leverage some disting algo's to supplement me there. Nano-Rand looks really cool, so I'm going to look into that. Also gonna check out compact FX modules. Stackables and hubs instead of that Mult is also a smart idea. As for the VU meter... I have no excuse. It looks cool. Void is a local builder based in my area, I wanted to show him some support.

Thanks for your input! Cheers. :)

Good call. Went ahead and rectified that. Thanks.

ModularGrid Rack

This will be my first rack. Tried to remain selective as I'm limited to 84 HP. Wondering if there are any glaring redundancies or key aspects to a useful system that aren't present. My goal is to have something that can spit out some riffs, a bassline, and maybe a drone/ ambient thing with a kick and snare. Ideally I'd also like to have some random glitch/ percussion capabilites. Plan on combining varigate with the niftycase's midi to CV interface. I'm aware that the ribbon in the niftycase only has 10 headers, but I plan to daisy-chain my way around that issue. Like I said, any opinions are welcome. Cheers everyone.