Thanks @Farkas, now it seems that the issue is te gent one Pam's...

Thanks guys for your feedback.

@toodee It seems I should have a look to Pam’s. I’ve seen plenty of videos of it, seems powerful but complicated... After your comments suppose is better to change Erica’s Black clock for Pam’s.

@GarfieldModular Great advice... I will start with the basics... but I wanted to start with the melodicer to have at least some sequencer or rhythm generator, and not just cool sounds and modulation. Maybe I can start with Pams for that?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Everyone;

I am new to be Eurorack user from Madrid (Spain), I have been doing the "homeworks" for several months, playing with VCV rack and watching all kind of videos about Eurorack. I think it is time to move to the real world and before start buying my ideal synth I wanted to share with you my idea and to get opinions and improvement ideas (I hope and day I could be the one giving advice and helping other).

Some things to give you context:
- My idea is to have fun and learn about the basics of the sounds, I don't want at this stage too complex things (but don't want to sound boring either).
- I want something "versatile", some melodies, some rhythm, some effects...
- I don't like display screens and complex menu diving.
- I am more into the melodic side than into drones or hard techno. In fact I would love to be able to create some background sound to play the guitar along (I am a basic/intermediate guitar player).
- The kind of music I like is quite eclectic I like LCD Soundsystem, Washed Out, Beach House, Trentemoller, Moderat...

That's my Rack:
ModularGrid Rack

Am I missing something? This is just a starting point, I know you always need more space, but before going bigger (I am buying a bigger case) I wanted to start from here.

Some doubts:

I was thinking about the Pamela's New Work Out... but that display menu diving is the thing I am not looking for. Am I missing too much?

In fact I was thinking about using the melodicer clock and with some clock multipliers/dividers controlling the tempo. Does it makes sense?

Thank you so much in advance.