Hi and thank you - your advice is most welcome :).

I've been using the multi-case setup for some time already (at first it was supposed to be a 40hp FX rack!) and never encountered any issues (including noise). What I like about it is the "workflow" that naturally emerges - keeping you "focused" on the modules at hand (I typically use 2-4 cases running on 1-2 power sockets). By combining cases in different ways you discover some interesting possibilities.

Having said that, I thought quite a few times of moving to a Mantis case and may eventually end up doing it sooner or later. And I also use knurlies :).

I'm curious to hear your comments about the choice of modules (some of which I haven't yet bought, others that I may decide to sell). Just imagine it's all in one box :)

Cheers

Hi,
After getting into modular around a year ago I'm getting more and more confident that this is my "target" rack to be completed in the next 2-3 years. As you can see it's split into smaller building blocks designed (hopefully) to work good in various combinations. The ideas behind the individual components are:

Pod 64X (s) - fx rack (to pair e.g. with my MC-101) / standalone synth (Rings)
Pod 26 (u) - Maths (analog envelopes and all the goodness) + VCAs / crossfading / ducking
Palette 104 (s) - main synth (multi-voice: drums, basslines, pads, Mimeophon), guitar pedals (e.g. Boss RC-5 looper) send/return
Pod 60 (u) - analog "preset sequencer" + Beads as sampler / sequenced mod bus / audio mixer + Beads as reverb
Pod 32 (u) - 2 different sequencers
Pod 40X (u) - weird VCO + weird envelopes
Palette 62 (s) - drone/generative synth, modulation bank, VCV interface
Pod 26 (u) - complex oscillator + spare/mod bus mixer

(s) = standalone
(u) = utility

That said, I'll be grateful for any suggestions from more experienced artists/wigglers :)

Cheers