Thanks for your elaborate review.

I was hoping to buy a case put a few modules in and basically plug and play it with some synths and a mixer however this doesn't seem to be the (optimal) case for this rack and i might need to reconsider starting this journey.
I did saw some video's of a guy plugging a synth into the 914 filterbank and only use an attenuator to regulate his output to a guitar pedal. I was planning to start with the case and a 914. Later add the springray. Will this be of better use including a i/o module and or attenuator? I might skip the Lyra since i dont have any modulation sources and Iam good on 'normal' delays with my pedals. Same goes for the Shapeshifter, no sources for the cv inputs. But i did like the idea of having another sound source for chords. Just a simple sustained chord or with the percussion mode. I can always process the plain chord through my mixer, guitar pedals and into my DAW. Thats also how I work, I dont record complete jams but stems for every instrument and effect.

Anyway thanks for the comments, any other tips or info is always welcome. Main question for me is; will this be of any use with an attenuator or i/o module.

Thanks for your tips and feedback!

To start of this journey I wouldn't really mind to use it as static effects. I was planning to take for instance a chord from the REV2 going into my mixer then take a send and return channel to send it to the 914 and take the output back to a mono or stereo input on the mixer. All the send / aux channels on the mixer are mono anyway. But there will be a problem with the audio levels that way?

On the Springray i think i dont need much modulation I will use it more like an amplifier. As for the Shapeshifter and Lyra8 I do see the need for modulation. Would the MS20 be an option?

Hello guys

I am new in the world of modular and I would like to share my initial idea to start a small rack. I did some research and want to start with an 84hp tiptop or behringer powered case for 4 modules. And maybe upgrade to a 104hp case when I decide to add a beads module.
alt text
I make dub / dub techno and already own a bunch of synths and guitar pedals. But iam looking to expand my sound palette. I have a prophet rev2, some behringer synths, MS20 mini, strymon and eventide effect pedals. This is all connected with an analog mixer. So i guess Iam sorted with sound sources and mainly looking for sound / effect processors with my modular case.

I like the sound of a FFB to process some chords and pads to make an ambient atmosphere. I also own a spring reverb tank, which is connect via send and return on my mixer. But it lacks volume so a Springray should be an obvious choice. Lyra-8 seems interesting for processing chords and maybe drums. I do own a Timeline and Boss RE-20. Would this add another sound to my delay palette? Also the Shapeshifter seems to be in interesting new sound source for chords / pads. Can this be a standalone unit? Or do I need more vca or lfo modules to really make this work? I do have the ms20 which can be a cv control for this module? And an RD-8 which can provide clock and steps from the sequencer as modulation source?

I like granular synthesizes as well. So I might change the Lyra8 for a Mutable Instruments Beads. Or if I like the sound and workflow of this 84hp I might upgrade to a 104 and get both lyra and beads.

All tips and feedback are welcome. Would this be something interesting to start of? Any other recommendations for chord / effect modules?