Thanks for all these replies Guys, super helpful! Rene is out (might go into the 60HP addon to DFAM and the mother32 with pams as an intermediary between the two systems), and so is wogglebug- I figure the noise tools is probably a good enough source of random.

Added maths, the matrix mixer, the MUM M8 filter and the uFold down the bottom.

ModularGrid Rack

ModularGrid Rack

Currently using a DFAM/Mother32 and marbles/plaits/pams/zadar combo and having a decent time but it's time to find a bigger case! (and more effects modules)

I've put together this system using mostly modules from the manufacturers that I think are doing the most interesting stuff in the space: Mutable Instruments and Make Noise. Paired with the intellijel 1U stuff, I think this is going to do what I want it to do (make stuff to go over external drum sequences) and be flexible enough to stay interesting for a long time.

I'm mostly wondering whether the layout works well enough (tried to order it left to right going clock sources --> sequencing/utilities --> voices --> effects --> mix out), and if I have a good enough mix of sound sources, effects and utilities.