What started me thinking about this stuff is that I picked up a DFAM for cheap and at present I have just been working some rhythms out on it and running it into an amp and then plugging guitar into another and playing along. Kind of a crude way to use it but it’s still neat. I know nothing about synths but have always been interested in them. I just found a Mother 32 in a 2-tier with an empty case in the other tier so I will have 60 hp to play with when it shows up. At present I will probably mate the 32 and DFAM so I can get some patching 101 done and a better understanding of how it all works. Then I can ask some better informed questions.
Thanks
Mitch

Hi All, I’m looking to go at this from the other direction, a guitar player wanting to add synth to my setup. I know absolutely nothing about synth so I have come to this site to learn. This is basically my first post and the OP’s question is relevant to my goals. I would like to build a small rack that I can get sequenced rhythms out of that will play nice with effects pedals.
As a new member I guess I am not allowed to post questions in a new thread, so for the time being I will follow this one and try to get some synth 101 from searching the site.

Mitch

Sorry if I am doing a hyjack here, but I am a newbie and would like to know where to go to post a hello and ask a few questions
Thanks
Mitch