Sorry for my absence/late reply. I’ve been trying to curb my modular appetite by staying offline lol. I actually purchased a veils a while back and it’s awesome. I really do appreciate everyone’s suggestions it was really helpful for me as someone not knowing anything really about this world. I have a fun little set up that I’m really happy with made of mostly mutable modules. I was wanting to explore some of the alternative firmware that’s out there for mainly clouds and stages but I’m afraid I’m going to fuck something up. Is this fear valid or should I just go through with it?

Thanks Noctopolis, I’ve been meaning to hop on here for recommendations for utilities and you actually answered a question I had been thinking about as far as the mults go. I took the whole go bigger with the case advice to heart and snagged a relatively affordable 7u Intellijel performance case and I’m glad I did, but I still have my eye on getting a niftycase in the future. I’m only able to buy a module once every paycheck, would you prioritize a mixer over let’s say vcas? So far I have mi rings, clouds, ears, and a maths.

This whole interest started with me wanting a fun new thing to learn and could communicate with my other gear which is why the niftycase is so appealing, but realistically I know it’s going to be a new obsession. Thanks for the case recommendation Lugia and the sound advice! Before I get any further and make another silly purchase is there any utilities or must haves to be aware of?

Thanks for the replies y’all, much appreciated. lol I’ve had a feeling that 84hp would not be nearly enough. Definitely switching to a case I can “grow into”. I probably should have mentioned that I have a mother 32, a few Roland boutiques (ju06a,sh01a,tb03,tr08,tr09), ms20, and a keystep pro. I also don’t use a DAW ( I use an old Mackie mixer) so it’s going to speakers directly. Don’t know if that bit of info is more helpful.

So after years of being on the fence I’ve decided to dive into eurorack. I have an idea that I feel like is mostly fleshed out but I’m worried I might be over looking Something basic yet crucial. So far I have purchased a niftycase, maths and rings from mi. I want to add plaits, ripples, shades, veils, and tides to fill up the rack. My goal is to have something that is versatile that I can explore sound with. Any opinions and advice would be great!