Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I didn't expect any comments on my first rack, but I'm glad to find such a vibrant community on ModularGrid.

I appreciate everyone's perspective here, and I can see there are many directions one can take when entering the world of modular synthesis. I'm happy to report that this rig is more than meeting my expectations and I've learned a ton so far interfacing with other gear that I already have, which was one of my main goals (the Data has been extremely useful for troubleshooting issues and for waveform visualization). Most importantly, I've already made some great sounds that I'm happy with, and am having a ton of fun. I really wanted to go full modular and build a "staging" rack so I could master each new module I purchase. While the B. 2600 looks pretty great for someone just starting to learn about synthesis, I felt like I already had enough gear with similar functionality and desired to be more intentional with every module I purchase as I focus and discover my sound.

Thanks for your thoughts. I realize I didn't share some of my goals - I agree that if this was the only rack I planned to use for learning that a semi-modular unit would be better value. I intend to build a larger 6U rack in the next several months, aiming to master a few modules at a time. The Data unit has been very valuable to me to inspect waveforms and the harmonic spectrum, as well as debug some issues with CV coming from other gear that I have (several synthesizers and drum machines). My objective with this first unit was to move fully into the modular world, as I have several years of experience with semi-modular units and 20+ years experience as a musician. Going forward this rack will serve as a sort of "staging" rack as I learn new modules.

This is my first Eurorack set up. After some research I settled on a standalone synth voice, scope, and modulator. This enabled me to make some fun sounds on day 1 and learn more about the sound shapes. I decided on Maths as a first module because it is complex enough to keep me busy learning for a while, and is something to grow into.