Am curious to know how it turns out though, holler back when you get that sumbitch runnin again.
-- yeahivandalizm

Kinda forgot to update, but thankfully both the module and the case are in good working order! Thank you again for the proper advice. There are a couple of buttons on the module (oh, btw it's a 2nd-hand Maths with a black faceplate) that are a little bit sticky, but also work alright. At some point I'll have to do some triaging to clean 'em out, but I'm thinking I might leave that to the pros.

Happy holidays!

Behringer has a big case that's pretty reasonable. "Behringer Eurorack Go Mobile 2x140 HP Eurorack Case" https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EuroRackGo--behringer-eurorack-go-mobile-2x140-hp-eurorack-case
I just ordered one from Sweetwater.

-- robertusmaximus

Nice! Do you know how you're planning to build it out?

Did end up buying just a 62hp case for the time being -- since it's pretty small and I should be able to fill it up in a few months (while also keeping me busy learning the modules I'm getting for a good long while) it'll help in keeping me from just squandering money on a bunch of modules just to occupy the empty space (in my heart/soul/hypothetically larger eurorack case).

Let it dry, then try it. Of you can't see if it's really dry, 2 days should be enough. Don'ttry to force it with hair dryers etc, which may damage it. I've seen coke end up on a keyboard and after drying, it worked again (though the keys were very sticky with all the sugar)
-- Arrandan

[...] Not to tell you how to live your life or anything, I just know that's a bad feeling that can be easily avoided
-- yeahivandalizm

yeahivandalizm, I need all the help I can get, really appreciate it!

Arrandan/yeahivandalizm, thank you both -- I am reasonably optimistic that it's gunna be okay, but am definitely going to resist any urge to verify before another day and a half or so elapses.

hi....,

Embarrassed to admit this is my second ever post, about my first ever module (which I will one day disclose its identity if it survives the ensuing...).

Asides from increasingly (one may say) dabbling in synths for the last year, I have been learning to play the drums for the previous 3 years. More recently, I've been attempting to make less unpleasant noises with my synth (i.e. my one single semi-modular), and my very recently acquired powered (and thankfully unconnected at the time of this incident) board, along with an (equally unconnected) first-ever module. Whilst practicing the drums, I accidentally knocked over a freshly-opened, pint-sized can of beer. Said can sadly projectiled an, again thankfully, smallish..yet considerable.. amount of foamy frothy beer such that it moderately lightly covered at least part of my truly cherished module... and to a smaller degree, also to the board I mentioned.

They were fairly quickly wiped off of any excess liquid and did not appear to... well, look any different. Curious if anyone can suggest any methods or strategies to minimize the odds of damage and/or mitigate my acute sense of... unwiseness? Would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you a lot both 33PO & Wally_Garten, I'll check all these out!

Appreciate your feedback, Jim -- had no idea the Maths with the black faceplate are this rare... color is inordinately, nonsensically important to me (I'm, somewhat sadly, not being sarcastic) :/

Totally hear you on the rack size. Iono why, but for whatever reason the Mantis looks... kinda ugly to me. I do think you're right and eventually I'll have a need for a larger one but this one's good for the moment. Pretty sure this is my version of golf and I'll just have to keep upgrading as long as I can afford it :)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to sound synthesis, my first synth is a Moog Grandmother which I got about a year ago. Really want to delve into the world of modular and be able to get a lot more ambient-y, noisy and drone-y effects to it. Haven't really devoted any space or modules to synth voices as I'll still be using the Moog for that purpose, but I was curious to hear any thoughts, opinions, suggestions that you might offer if you were aiming to do something similar?

Happy days,

H

ModularGrid Rack