I don't have one .... yet. But I like the thinking behind Joran's Delay1. Pricing is up around the 4MS DLD but not stratospheric like Magneto. Though, in a highly competative market, you usually you get what you pay for.

Wow.
A lot of very interesting suggestions. Sorry for the delayed acknowledgements.

Lucas303 -- The right idea. Perhaps a bit expensive for what it does.
PragmaticusMax -- 4ms then mixer could be more trouble than its worth. I do have a decent divider I will try.
Wishbonebrewwery -- Takaab could work but I REALLY dont like 2hp modules. fingers are just too fat.
scuto -- Bubblesound little helper relies as I understand it on ring mod. I have a simple ring mod but I guess I am looking for a
"cleaner" signal.
troux -- Serge NCOM must be spectacular for what they are asking. To be honest, I am not sure I really understand what its doing.
Aerocatone -- You and Pragmaticus both mentioned Erica's Black Double Bass. I had not heard of it but it sounds right. I have a couple of their modules. They seem well made and a good price for what you get.
Thanks to all.

I would appreciate some advice on choosing a low bass module. Obviously there are lots of 0-20k oscillators out there. I am looking for a "full" sounding oscillator, not necessarily quantizing but appropriately added harmonics. I have plenty of delay/ reverb available but my bassline just sounds thin. Digital or analog? Is modulation the best route? I'd like to stay under $500.

I have been watching Modular Grid for several years now and it has been a huge help in getting me started in modulars. I am sure I would not even have been aware of modulars much less motivated to dive in were it not for this resource. Naturally there is great deal of jargon associated with a technical subject like this. It seems to me that a side bar glossary of terms would be a big help, especially for newbies. Probably have to be controlled by moderators. Short definitions of stuff like CV, bipolar, slew and so on.

Well maybe it's as simple as this. Black text on white (or silver) or white text on black, presents the most contrast and therefore the greatest readability. There is a lot of print in very small font on many panel fronts. The manufacturers are trying to make their products easy to use. Any manufacturer will weigh the relative commercial value of usability versus the attraction of an unusual color scheme. Which is undoubtedly why the trend is away from unusual color schemes.
But don't mind me. I'm just an old fuddydud engineer.