I still see it listed here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/behringer-2600-vco

possibly vapourware...
-- JimHowell1970

No vapourware - available for immediate shipping - at least in the EU, for example at https://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Behringer-2600-VCO/art-SYN0007952-000

Hi,

first iteration of my rack is ready now, lots of fun to play with (all MI modules except for Beads are clones from Tunefish Modular):

ModularGrid Rack

Thinking about what I would like to add in the mid-term I am thinking about this:

ModularGrid Rack

• I would like a multi-channel sound-source which I can use for sample playback, drums, natural background soundscapes, here the "Bitbox Micro" comes in.
  • With the 8 sound channels added by the Bitbox I would like to add some trigger capabilities beyond the Marbles and think of adding a "Pamela's New Workout".
  • I really like the Blades but would like to add one 4-pole filter - thinking of either the "Ripples (2020)" (like the built-in VCA) or the "Shakmat Modular Dual Dagger - Quad Stereo Filter" (very flexible).
  • The "ADDAC 601 Fixed Filter Bank" is probably something for the long-term, but if I get a fixed filter bank (which I'd really like) I would like to have voltage control, the envelope followers are a nice bonus.

For the last gaps left, I am thinking of a quad or octa VCA (Doepfer or another Veils) and a small multi-effect unit like the FX AID or Pico DSP.

Any feedback / comments?

I'm not a big fan of "output modules" - in a lot of cases they are unnecessary... I've never used one in 7 years... but I've always had mixers with headphone outputs - a rebel technologies mix03 and a tesseract modular tex-mix... if I needed (& only if I needed balanced or isolated outputs - perhaps for playing gigs) would I spend money on an output module... so the question is what are you outputting to? I use a small old-ish (15years or so) yamaha mg10 mixer which can easily handle modular levels - just get your gain staging right (ie low) - and most mixers and audio interfaces will work perfectly...

and as for vc crossfaders and auto-panners - maybe get more vcas and patch them yourself - it's modular after all - and whilst pan-law is great - a lot of records were made without it...

-- JimHowell1970

You're right, in the end I am not really looking for a full blown output module with balanced outs etc. but just a mixer with a headphone (for standalone rack use) and a "normal" stereo out if I go into my "real" mixer. If I run into the need for balanced outs due to ground problems I can always use a DI box in between.

Although I know how to pan/x-fade using VCAs/Inverters I find it quite convenient to have a bit of voltage control built into the mixer - it's modular after all :-)

So I decided to go for a Happy Nerding PanMix (and was lucky to find a shop in Europe with one in stock ...)

Hi,

I am currently planning my 1st rack and the thing I am really unsure about is the choice of output options. I would like to have some stereo mixing capabilities as I have a couple of stereo out modules. And I would like a headphone out to be able to use the rack standalone. I have configured three output options I am considering in the top row for comparison/comments.

Here is the rack: ModularGrid Rack

• 1st option would be a panning Doepfer mono mixer going in a Doepfer stereo VC mixer going in a Befaco Out V3
  • 2nd option would be an ADDAC805 3 channel VC stereo crossfader going in an Erica Synths Black Output V2
  • 3rd option would be again the Doepfer stereo VC mixer going in a an Erica Synths Black Output V2

I like the VC crossfade/pan options of option 2 but this is the plan for the module choice I am really unsure about …

Any suggestions / advice?

Also happy on any other comments on the choice of modules … anything obvious I missed? The only one I do not plan to get initially is the uO_C … and all the MI clones will be from Tunefish Modular in Germany (but same size and layout), most of their modules are not in the database … I have some other gear to go with that that covers my analog synthesis pretty well (Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm and an ARP 2600 clone) and have tested my choice of MI modules in VCV.

Thanks a lot
Chris

I have ordered a System 55 … now waiting impatiently , several months backlog in Germany.

I am new to Eurorack, but not completely new to patchable synths, I own an ARP 2600 clone, had (very long ago) a Korg MS-20 and MS--10 plus the analog Korg step sequencer and also had the chance and fun to play around a lot with a very large Roland System 100M in the past.

Some noob questions:

Looking at the System 55 modules I do not see any phones or line level output, so I am thinking of getting either an Erica Synths Black Output Module V2 or a Doepfer A-135-3 plus a Befaco Out V3. What would be the better option?

Some other modules in consideration to populate the bottom row would be:

• Behringer Brains to have one OSC a bit more “digital” in the portfolio
  • Dopefer A-184-1 to add the ring mod, sample and hold and portamento missing from the System 55 modules
  • Doepfer A-145-4 for some more LFOs in a very compact size - a Micro Ornament & Crime module looks like an interesting alternative, would offer the LFOs as one engine but also LOTS of other CV processing options. Any thoughts on this choice?

• Doepfer A-174-4 3D joystick for more “interactive” control

Any likely some FX / audio processing, thinking of:

• After Late Audio Resonate and/or Monsoon for textures / ambient / drones
  • Soma Lyra FX for delays and distortion
  • Happy Nerding FX Aid XL for CV-controllable multi FX

Any thoughts on these choices, better alternatives?

The bottom row in this rack is what I plan to add:

ModularGrid Rack