I don't have much DIY skills at all so it was all about seeing if I can save like 30€ by delegating the different jobs. Case closed then - no pun intended -, I'll go for the Mantis.
I'll keep a note with all your tips and advices.
It was great talking to someone experienced, thank you again.

Thanks for the tips !

I've been looking at the Mantis also, it's true that I had in mind to quickly change to a bigger case after filling this one, you're right that's it may be a better idea to get a two row one now.

I just learned hours ago that the Bialismus is a VCO not an effect centered module - I had heard several times before that it had great effects I just assumed it was mixing not generating - so you're right that it's too much sources for a start. I'll go with the Plaits, probably, even though the Iteritas one looked fun. The Plonk one is just added while messing with my config, it's a module I'll probably buy much later if it stills interests me.

I was heavily leaning on an additional mixer already so that's confirmed.

As for Maths, I looked into the docs yesterday and it ticked several boxes for me. Just checked the link you shared, I will look heavily into it, seems like great infos on the module and on modular in general.

Didn't know about the Mutant Brain, looks like a great alternative !

Would you recommend trying my luck at a DIY case ? I've been thinking about it, could save me a few bucks.

Thanks again!

Hello,

I'm planning on buying my first modules in the coming months to fill an Happy Ending case from TipTopAudio.
I'm not really looking for anything generative, just a simple rack that offers a wide range of sounds.
I've been doing quite a lot of research and tried to put together some modules that are well known.
This is what I currently came up with : ModularGrid Rack

I've picked up Maths because it's well rated and seems to offer LFOs, effects and more.
Also chose Plaits as a VCO and Pamela as a clock and function module - apparently it can also be used as a quantizer or LFO ?
To fill some gaps I've added an Expert Sleeper at the end.
For the rest of the case I was thinking of something maybe like an Iteritas Alter, a mixer or another small VCA, a multiplier or maybe even a Mutable Instruments module like Beads.

I was also looking into the Polyend Poly 2, as I have a Squarp Pyramid and I thought it could be pretty great to convert MIDI sequencing into different CV outputs to control the rack from the Pyramid. I guess that would require multiple VCOs to birth different sounds, so maybe way later if I'm deeper into modular and want to expend my rack. Again I don't fully know, let me know if I'm completely wrong here.

I know there are surely some mistakes here, maybe I've missed an important type of module, any advices really is welcome.

Thanks for reading !

*Beginner not begginer, sorry..