Perhaps describing Marbles as a "menu dive-y" module is not a great description, rather "feature-rich" would be better. The more I watch tutorials on the thing the more I begin to understand all its components. I can see how many of the functions are incredibly useful, but in practice with my particular rack, there are quite a few I would not have a use for, in my head at least. The thing that gravitated me towards the Mavis/TTxB modules in the first place was how simple and straight-forward their design and function was, as in "this particular module does this and this only."

I would say I'm more open to the idea of a Marbles than I was before, but still skeptical. Maybe y'all can convince me all the way haha!

Hey folks,

For the small system I'm crafting around my Mavis and some TipTop x Buchla modules, I have around 10hp to dedicate to random modulation. This rack is geared toward 1-voice experimental sound creation, think generative krell patches. I want to try to keep everything relatively knob-per-function; I understand that things like Ornament_Crime and Disting EX are super powerful and can do almost whatever I want, but none of these kinds of modules really inspire me in any way. I am a big fan of working within set limits!

With that said, my initial idea was to get a Make Noise Wogglebug, but after a couple months of planning things out, new modules have come out that look really intriguing: Nano VCV Random, SSF Ultra Random Redux, ADDAC Random Bezier Waves. I've also been told about MI Marbles clones, and I've found one in the same HP as others (though Marbles pushes the limits for me in terms of "menu diving", I'm still open to the idea for now).

What would you all recommend? Are the pricier modules like the URR and the RBW worth the cash to spend? Can I save some money and still be satisfied with a VCV Random, or find a good used deal on a Wogglebug? Should I learn all the ins and outs of the Marbles interface? Let me know!

*To note: I would eventually love to expand my setup to create a complete TTxB system, so my end goal random module is of course the 266t Source of Uncertainty. I have no room for one now, and it won't be anytime soon when I pull the trigger on a new case to begin that project. Just some additional info for y'all to see where my head is at with this.