Love the idea of the three Schippmann in one rig - wow. I'm wondering what you have planned for the the bottom row. As I move towards 2419hp of rig populated with 188 modules I'm not so much interested in making music as discovering sound emerging out of randomness. The idea that I could go years patching stuff and not feel like I've duplicated my previous efforts is like the linear trip into reading a wide variety of subjects where you never have to read the same author twice but you keep learning about the infinity of human thought.
-- unity2k

One of the Schippmanns is for sale, but I am really having fun with the three of them at the moment, so I may keep all three. I like the metaphor of the variety of reading, as that is pretty much where I am also.

Your rack makes me feel inadequate as a man.
-- smcumber

Naah, some people would look at it and conclude that I am compensating.

Thread: Portable

This is actually three separate Pittsburgh Cell 90s

Holy bananas and sandwiches!
Don't you find the exponential number of patch options overwhelming?

-- mt3

Sometimes. But I am trying to experiment with as many combinations as I can to see what does what. I have to resist the temptation to stick with familiar combinations and keep pushing the experimentation. Over time, if I find I am not using a module enough to justify its existence, I will sell it.

This is easy to bend from the two right angle bends of the support, especially when it is full of cables (even short ones.) I have put some hard rubber down to support the base to minimize the stress and hopefully prolong it's life. It is functional, but I believe it is way overpriced for its poor design.