I would recommend you add some kind of way to mix the patterns, maybe something random, with chance, or just some kind of CV mixer or sequenctial switch.

Also, you could try replacing Grids with Marbles.

I suggest you view Perfect Circuit Audio's prebuild Rhythm systems, it can give you ideas.

Well,I think that in your case the best one would be an Expert Sleepers ES-8, that way you can use it as your audio interface. It has 8 outputs and 4 inputs.

Another very good option is Hermod, which also doubles as a midi interface and does a lot of sequencing. Mutable Instruments Yarns also could serve this purpose.

The limitation with the Mutant Brain is that it only has 4 CV outs, the others are Gate/Trigs so that limits what you can do with it. Yarns, for example, can be configured so that any output can be any kind, be it CV, pitch, gate, trigger.

In order to use your audio interface that way, it's outputs must be DC coupled. Most audio interfaces are not, so be sure to double check yours.

The advantages of the stereo mixer is that you can do panning but a quad vca allows you to have CV control over volume, but it ends up mono. It's up to you to decide which is better, but generally a VCA is more flexible.

Hola Tooth, how do you plan on controlling your modular? With the modules you have you'd still be missing either a sequencer or a MIDI interface to play it.

I still have yet to get my first eurorack, but I have played around with most "modular" software and my favorite so far is Reaktor Blocks. Sure it is not emulating any eurorack modules, but I think it provides a professional-grade tool that is customizable and has some of the same spirit of eurorack. The best part is that you can use Reaktor to control and/or compliment a Eurorack setup.

In my opinion, VCV Rack is nice to get an idea of how a eurorack module works (provided there is an emulation of it) and could be a great option to explore new modules before actually commiting to them in your eurorack. But I would not use it as an actual musical instrument. Perhaps it'll get there one day, but that day is not today.