same here, very curious to know your battery solution

it really is a weird decision to set this muchg of CV ins :D

interesting, like all of QU-Bit line

Hello New user manual, this time about the fantastic TIMBER from Bastl Instruments. In this video, we see in detail the features of the module in detail with some examples here and there! Timber is a signal processing module, audio or cv, it offers a wavedriver, on the left, a wavefolder on the right each of these processors has its independent output, but there is also an x-fade output. A resolutely powerful module.

Hello
I propose you to take a short tour of Case From Lake where Alberto designs beautiful Eurorack cases quite customizable, from the size through the number of units, the place of the 1U rail, the choice of power supply, the material, the color, in short, the tavern of Ali Baba of the modularists. Thanks to him for his kindness and his wonderful cases! happy viewing!

Hello community, Timber is a wave manipulation tool, it can overdrive, fold, fold again, and another slice of folding. It also can be use for its feedback possibilities and can also behave like a VCA. It has 2 section we can intermodulate or cross-fade. We can pick different tastes of drive and the folding stage of the I section can by applied before to hit section II's wavefolder(s).
This video details 5 very nice spots I've stopped by using this amazing module.
Happy watching.

And this one is a video manual, in french with cc!

thanks! Each module they create is a fully featured thing of its own in a robust enclosure.

yeah, we see that in the video.. Great little module for mangling stuff too, it does great things modulated at audio rate

Hey there, It's Thot's Lot, in reality it's 2 distinct systems of 208 HP each, a 6U and a 7U from Casqe From Lake, which is a partner of my YT activities !

The main purpose of Thot's Lot is to be able to jam with the band and create ambiances, beats and globally the sound design of the band. Our sound is a blend of post-punk, techno-punk and neo industrial. We have a fatastic bassist, a wonderful female singer, a strong guitar and me with this weird thing :)

ModularGrid Rack

yeah, it's real joy to play with

Signal sorcery. Mixwitch is sold for a mixer with a switch section, but it's also a sequencer, waveshaper, octave controler, sub octave generator, clock random, lo-fi machine, AM expert... And so much more..

eng. below.
Salut la communauté,
Depuis que j'ai commencé à jouer avec le feedback (boucle de réinjection), j'étais à la recherche d'un module vraiment dédié à cette tâche. Et je pense que Dark Matter de Caspecrelectronics x Bastl Instruments est, à l'heure actuelle, la meilleure option.
bon visionnage pour ceux qu souhaite en savoir plus.
Hey community, Since I've started playing with feedback, I was looking for a "deep" module dedicated to that task. In that field, I am very VERY impressed by the Dark Matter, a collab of Casperelectronics and Bastl Instruments.
Let's get into it. In french with trusty subtitles.

F-Ly and Pause

What a lovely module..
This time let's get out of our confort zone with 5 very creative uses of the super dope Sample Drum of Erica Synths

This wonderfully unexpensive module has arrived in the lab, so I gave it a few hours of funny tests condensed onto a video

Hi there,

For those, like me, who grew up with such bands, it's always a pleasure to patch the system in that direction. In this video, I explain with details (thank Modulargrid!) a full patch (drums, bass, leads).

Hi fam'
I have tested and detailed the brand new Two Bits of Klavis, a treasure of logic and a lot more, in a very deep video. It's in french but I've done english cpations you can activate.
happy watching!

hello here!

If some of you prefer a video manual, you're all served. it's in french but has english captions.

I use both the 1-138s and A-138n as sub mixers, esp. the "n" version as it's DC coupled. these are some f the very first modules I own an they still are of a great help, esp. the "n" version, which can handle adio and cv signal (not the "s", which deal with audio signals).
I'd love to see an iteration of the MIXBX with cv over the tracks level/pan/send for sure !

by the way I have also gave the Squeeze of Feedback a test in parallel compression taskes (on beats), and I am very pleased with it, I'd probably get second one for stereo stuff.

It's Xaoc. Which I think might be Russian for "kickass!" There are so many sneaky and hidden functions in those (particularly when you add a module's expander) that you can just go on and on with them and it'll take you a while to exhaust the possibilities with ANY of their stuff. Batumi and Zadar are more or less "go-tos" for adding big bangs in small spaces, for instance. And when they go ALL OUT (think their Odessa module here), it really IS all out! Feckin' amazing design going on there...on both sound AND ergonomics.
-- Lugia
I only have a VCA and the multi from XAOC, but I can feel you're totally right. The design is one of my faborutes on the Euro sphere, and yeah, I almost clicked "add to cart" a few times bout the Batumi. Odessa seems to be a wonderful generator...

have conviced me to keep it well preciously!

true that, I do that very often (vca before the mixer ins).

Hi community!
In this very short video, we see how to usde the SQUEEZE compressor the "NY" style, which is a method of parallel compression often use in the late 80 or early 90s tht gives great result on drums.

I gave the TS1 a few tests on this video, where I've made 3 little (48hp) systems where the TS1 is perfect for the ones that'd like to get/build/work on tiny systems.

Thanks for the details, mine was a second hand, no informations bout who made it, and I am not into soldering but it looked nicely build. Tho' a few people on some modular communities has the same results with theirs.
Very often, the "hiss" comes from the source, at my place bc I often use saturation or overdriven signals, that is where I use enveloped VCA just before the mixer's inputs, when needed, to get rid of the noise, when the muxer is quiet, that is a cool technique to get a clean-yet-overdriven signal. A bit off topic, sorry..

how is that even possible mine used to bleed and a lot other people's TM too, and not yours ? same components, no ?

I had the TEX MIX and the master section, it's a nice little slution, but TM is a very bleedy and noisy module. The big difference with the Feedback one is the sound, the built quality and the overdrive possibilities.
And the aux are pre fader...

hello community,
I've received a fantastic modular mixer from Feedback Modules, in the nae of MIX BX. It's an excellent mixer, so much that it has instantly joined my "Keepers" serie, in this episode 7th, we don't talk, and we see how "versatile" this amazing module can be.

that new little korg one???
-- trigmusicnz

yeah, I am waiting for mine :)

I sent the endorphines back for a few reasons (quality/LR balance issue/loss of signal), and I really like my FXaids but I recently have added the Timiszoara and I must admit there are a wonderful set of very cool algos, and the "classic" ones sound great too!

if you don't mind, I made a video when received

https://studio.

I made this video to showcase the wideness in terms of sound design of the BIA, in case you want to hear more

Hey fam, I come to you all to know your thoughts about this one sequencer ? I should get it soon or sooner to give it a bit of space on the channel, but I am very curious of what you think bout it.

apparently the algos are the same for the Pro than the other iterations, according to the online FXAID app.

The installed algo's are not convincing.
Happy Nerding's FX aid, beats it all the way .
If can't find other stuff to install I will definitely not keep it .
Quite disappointed.

Other FX I own to compare with :
FXaid / Mimeophon / Monsoon / Desmodus Versio / TipTop Z5000.
-- Sebastopol

Sorry to read that, for me it's quite the opposite, I love my FXAIDs ad I found the Timiszoara a very good companion, as it has a very diferent set of algos ! And I really love how it sounds. For exeemple, reverbs, on the FXAID it's quite impossible to get very short reverbs, where in the Timiszoara you really caan shape drum and perc reverbs with almost no tails.

The only - point would be the first slider that has a small latency, but not when driven via CV.

Hi Adr,

Great demo! Thanks a lot for demoing your Timiszoara to us :-)

I am saving money for the Starlab so this module and the mentioned FX Aid by Sebastopol have to wait ;-)

Thanks a lot for your video/sound demo, have a good weekend and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thanks to YOU Garfield, you do an incredible, if not crazy job at your site! thank you for that.

So mine arrived yesterday, I slept only a few hours since, to capture a few spots I've been to. What a great fx module!

Français plus bas.
Hi fam!
I got myself a few Rings (mutable instruments) clones and made a few very fun patches that I have captured in this video. It's all explained on screen.
happy watching!
Français :
Hello la fami, ca va ?
j'ai essayé plusieurs clones du Rings de Mutable Instruments : Rangoon, que j'ai gardé et un µrings un peu plus confort que les autres µ. Je me suis amusé à extraire 7 patches de mes expérimentations. le détail à l'écran.
bon visionnage !
timetable :
0:11 house of chords
01:39 onion rings
03:12 factory of storm
04:33 FMish bassish
06:09 big in Asia
07:32 percussional
09:31 vas-y très molo

Français plus bas.
Hi fam!
I got myself a few Rings (mutable instruments) clones and made a few very fun patches that I have captured in this video. It's all explained on screen.
happy watching!
Français :
Hello la fami, ca va ?
j'ai essayé plusieurs clones du Rings de Mutable Instruments : Rangoon, que j'ai gardé et un µrings un peu plus confort que les autres µ. Je me suis amusé à extraire 7 patches de mes expérimentations. le détail à l'écran.
bon visionnage !
timetable :

Français plus bas.
Hi fam!
happy watching!
Français :
Hello la fami, ca va ?
bon visionnage !
timetable :

oh almost forgot, ability to run 2 different effects, in such a small unit, a nice addition, guess the fv1 chip isn't strong enough, maybe 1 day there will be multiple in's and out's, still running 2 effects possible ?
-- Gravitymike

According to the effects list, there will be a few dual algo, like for example reverb on left and delay on right side, tho' they share the same controls so not that much tweakable in that situation, but I'm pretty sure those will be of a great help at some points

Thank you for posting and providing me with ideas to use my Ts-L...As with everything I have in my setup, I'm apparently only scratching the surface of what this module can do :) I like you how are using it with Twin Waves as I've been looking to get that one as well.
-- jb61264

thanks, I really like to know where a given module can lead, so I try a lot of stuff, mostly terrible, but sometimes, some good stuff come off these experimentations. Before to get the system at my convenience, I have tryed a lot of modules, but I don't like objects, devices and all, so I really needed to get to know what mine can do so I can work with a reduced yet banging system. This also explains why I like the macro oscillators à la NE or MI that much.

Thank you, it's very much motivating :) The next one, about Rings, is in the same vein, but I think I'll provide an instructional .pdf instead of screen datas.

and good news the LFO mode is also accessible if you have the alternative firmware of Lylem, which I appreciate a lot!

https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/plaits-with-frequency-locking-and-aux-crossfade-alt-firmware/17340

Français plus bas.
Eng.
Hello community,
Instruo realeases some very beautiful to watch and beautiful sounding modules. I own an oscillator of the brand called TS-L v2, a module of 6HP capable of a lot. In this video I capture 6 very nice and creative patches. Ok, the kick and bass ones are probably not that much creative (you know how to do kicks and basses I guess), but still it sounds really neat.
All the patches are detailed on screen, and the knobs on pictures match the actual patches. Thank you to Moduargrid for the modules pictures.
happy watching !
French :
Salut !
Instruo fabrique des modules non seulement beaux (question de goûts), mais qui sonnent vraiment bien. Je me suis offert leur petit oscillateur appelé TS-L en version 2. Dans cette vidéo, je capture 6 patches créatifs.
Le patchage est détaillé à l'écran et les boutons sur les images incrustées reflètent la position réelle des boutons des modules.
bon visionnage !

Hello dear community, I've challenged myself for approx. a month recolting super nice spots on Plaits of Mutable. There are a lot of different kind of sound, showcasing the wide variety of timbre Plaits can offer.

(français plus bas)
Hello gang, In this one we just explore the Basimilus Iteritas Alter of Noise Engineering, . BIA is a complex oscillator mostly used for percussion works, but you'll see that we can even pretend to be Michael Jackson :D happy watching.

Français :
Bonjour gang, Dans celui-ci, nous explorons simplement le Basimilus Iteritas Alter de l'ingénierie du bruit,. BIA est un oscillateur complexe principalement utilisé pour les percussions, mais vous verrez que nous pouvons même prétendre être Michael Jackson :D bon visionnage

Hi,

Any news from XAOC about a release date ?

Cheers,
-- wazou

YESSSSS !

https://xaocdevices.com/main/timiszoara/?fbclid=IwAR0aSJvijHHLqZsjRLr2JQQ4uAoeXujzgCQDOT3WYeKrr_UAeI-5xLggr10

français plus bas.
Hi fam, I previously worked on a µplaits, which is a clone of Mutable Instruments PLAITS, but I found it not very handy : to tiny and the knobs were too sloppy, so I got myself a "real" Plaits. Since a month, I have collected 10 very nice stops on the module and made this video without any artistic pretention, just for the fun. A big thank you to Emilie Gillet for the splendid works and the marvelous modules. I wish her a lot of fun.
Français :
Salut les zamis, j'avais un clone du Plaits de Mutable Instruments, mais je ne le trouvais pas très pratique : Trop étroit et les rotatifs étaient, à mon goût, trop souple. Je me suis donc fendu d'un Plaits original et quel confort ! Depuis un mois, je collecte les bons endroits où je me suis arrêté sur le module. J'en ai collectionné et monté 10, sans prétention artistique, juste pour le fun.

a short tuto of these possibilities with the EME of Winter Modular

thank you!

I really am sad bout that, I wish her a lot of happiness in her (new ?) adventure..