And from the tape strip on the mixer - it appears that the bass is the Rubicon (Ruby Bass?) - and I love the bass sound they get. Anyone confirm that that's what we're hearing most of the time? It's fat - without overpowering the mix - at the same time.

So the drums - Tiptop or LDB?

VERY COOL So the drums - Analogue Systems?

Anyone know what modules they were using - outside of Braids, Yarns, and the Cirqlon sequencers, which have been widely know? What ELSE did they use?

Thanks Solitud - I did not, but I described the problem to Sweetwater, who contacted Pittsburgh, who apparently either had experienced this before, or have amazing customer service, or both - because they're sending me a new one - no questions asked, free of charge, send theirs back to them when I get the new one. Sounds like mine was faulty out of the box.

So, brand new to Eurorack here - here is my setup. Tiptop uZeus, Mutable Braids, and Peaks, and Pittsburgh Synth Box. First time firing up after assembling into case, Mutable stuff fires up perfectly, Synth Box's LFO light blinks, then nothing at all. I assume that shouldn't be. Had a very hard time finding much in the way of documentation at the Pittsburgh Modular site, whereas Mutable's modules came with very clear instructions. I tried to fire it up a couple more times, and then stopped, fearing I was damaging the unit - or it was damaged already. I have the red stripes matching. Thanks for your patience with the newb question...

I'm kinda new as well (to Eurorack - not synths or modular - had an MFOS Sound Lab and an MS-20 at one point, have a Novation Bass Station 2 and Waldorf Blofeld now), and I got into pricing individual modules, wanting to lean towards getting a two monosynth, and drums lineup. What I found is that the Pittsburgh Synth Box is the same cost as buying an ADSR, LFO, and decent Filter, and hey - free synth taboot. So for the oscillator I really wanted to get into Eurorack over - the Mutable Instruments Braids, I bought the PMSB as it's backend, and a free second, and sub, oscillator. Also picked up a Mutable Peaks for my Kick and Snare. I picked up a 168hp suitcase on eBay for $150, and a Tiptop power supply. Eventually I'll split the two synths in half, maybe get a Maths, and expand the drums, some Tiptop or Mutant stuff. The Pittsburgh stuff to me looks like a good enough of a gateway drug, and made it possible for me to get a better system to start out with than the pricier stuff. Ideally, like everyone on here I imagine, I'm wanting to get this Arturia Beatstep Pro, but God knows when that's coming out.