Did you even bother searching before submitting this module?

Thread: small

hey love

I want to refer to the thread title and give you a general explanation, why limits are necessary.
Many users asked me why there is such a limit at all.

The main reason for the limitation is to ensure an acceptable server performance and keep the system save.
Without limits the consecutive duplication of huge racks could easily bring the server down.
This can happen without a bad purpose in mind but it also can be used in an attack scenario (This is no fantasy, it happened already).

The main problems:

1. Heavy SQL processes slow down the server
  2. Database grows non-linear over time and slows down every other query
  3. Screenshot generation needs a lot of RAM
  4. Screenshots will be huge. If people embed those 3MB+ shots in Forums, other users won't be happy to load the thread on their mobile plans.
  5. Also server traffic increases. This will cost money at some point.
  6. The general Planner, SketchAPatch and TrueGrid rely on client side JavaScript. The bigger the rack, the bigger memory consumption, the slower the drag'n'drop performance, etc. This can lead to Browser crashes in extreme cases or on low-end computers like phones and tablets.

I increased the limit for rows and columns many times and I think this is maxed out.
I know many of you guys will find this unacceptable so I am thinking about a solution.

PS. I would like to say that this is one of the coolest sites on the net, free too.
-- gwpt

The keyword here is free.

Will you guys freak out if I introduce some kind of paid account for "Pro" users, which will expand those limits?

This would solve some (but not all) problems and of course would give me some revenue.
What are your thoughts?
Best Knut

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the limit of 8 rows in the planner...

My total setup is larger than this, and I like to put all the modules, then duplicate that, to allocate out to my various racks.

pretty please? :)
Thanks
Guy

PS. I would like to say that this is one of the coolest sites on the net, free too. Amazing work, thanks guys :) :) :)

0ne of my favorite vco's - simple to dial in just what yer lQQking for - sounds farken great

i build my own frames for my euro stuff (wood) in very wide formats and found that if I leave out the mounting rails my Mobius height fits perfectly - i used it this way for a year before it got move to my rack bay

I forgot to post .. built mine bout a month ago - cool sequencer
- nice layout and display - i 1st had probs as i put in the analog switch chip in backwards but we
hen i discovered it and switched it the right way all wired great - amazed i didn't fry that chip!

Thread: Change Log

Somehow the Core API Team of Chrome/Google decided to change the WebAudioAPI. This broke TrueGrid.
I am not angry , in fact they did some necessary refactoring of the code.
I tried to migrate all the changes and at least TrueGrid is working again.
And amazingly it also works in Firefox, now (well, kind off, but promising).
Btw, I played a bit with TrueGrid today and browsed through the patches and had a lot of fun.
Some of them are really nice!
Note to myself: I should definitely spend some time to improve this part of MG.
It had such a good start but stalled a bit ...

Thread: Bug Report

For those of you who experienced problems:
TrueGrid is working again.

Thanks! I'm hoping to have an album released soon - had it all arranged, but the guy who owns the label seems to have taken a bit of a sabbatical.

I love these tracks! The 10 tracks of "I fucked your mothers dog in hell" deserves to be released as an album.
Thanks for sharing
/KNYST

Please, the XR22 VCO module is not digital, it is analog!
-- Christian G

I have removed the digital tag.

Please, the XR22 VCO module is not digital, it is analog!
Soundfiles:
http://www.cg-products.de/module/xr22_vco/

nice!

Say "thank you" to Mr. Günther. ;-) I found this today in SchneidersLaden.

• Never trust your own emotions *

i have waited for a FSK (Frequency Shift Keying) EURORACK for years !!! thanks !

6/5 for this one. What a blast the Trigger Riot is. Without the slightest hint of doubt the most fun "drum machine" I've used to date (and there's been a few). The experimentalist's dream, I'd say.

Doesn't ever let me down. An absolute breeze to program too, in my opinion, as it's all very logical. The only down side being that the space between the knobs and the cables on the right side is a bit small, but it's really nothing major.

top one most exp ones that we want second row are usure and wild card thrid row is cheapest and meant to bought in pairs

Definitely has some quirkyness. Reverb effect is cheesy. Has tendency to go into self oscillation. In-spite of all this, there are nice sweet spots.

added a second braids. this is going to be aweseome.. !
now i just need to get the ergonomics worked out.

needs 2 power boards and power bricks 12m per board

fs: intellijel rubicon $265, dixie control $65
Verbos Amplitude & Tone Controller $220
These are prices shipped to the continental US. I pay fees.

Thread: Buchthi

This might very well be mine! Would be interested to hear from people who see things missing that they couldn't live without. Suggestions that keep within the idea of, "BuchlaSynthi," and stay within the dual 90hp size...

Scratch that. Found it. PEBKAC.

I searched before I added and didn't find it listed. Where is the other one?

Duplicate entry.

This is easy to bend from the two right angle bends of the support, especially when it is full of cables (even short ones.) I have put some hard rubber down to support the base to minimize the stress and hopefully prolong it's life. It is functional, but I believe it is way overpriced for its poor design.
-- gonkulator

Think you could take a picture of the white mounting plate? It would serve well as a picture for the module entry.

Looks like something outta Indiana Jones! I love the visual style. I'm looking forward to more exciting modules from this maker.

Thanks for the warning. I was going to go for a couple of these, but I guess I should stick with Pomona cable hangers.

This is easy to bend from the two right angle bends of the support, especially when it is full of cables (even short ones.) I have put some hard rubber down to support the base to minimize the stress and hopefully prolong it's life. It is functional, but I believe it is way overpriced for its poor design.

Thread: thank you

Thanks for kind words!
My pleasure, best Knut

Thanks for reporting!

Yo, Knut!

The Update=>Screenshot function is no longer working.

I keep getting the message "Image not found," and the error:

Error: The requested address '/img/racks/modulargrid_??????.jpg' was not found on this server.

The Command Center => Update Screenshot Preview is also malfunctioning.

Something screwy with CakePHP?
-- Adminius

Screenshots are generated by a "headless XServer".
This Mofo likes to crash every once in a while, it's a bug since day one.
My professional solution so far is the IT Crowd approach: switch it off and on again.
There you go, works again :)

Yo, Knut!

The Update=>Screenshot function is no longer working.

I keep getting the message "Image not found," and the error:

Error: The requested address '/img/racks/modulargrid_??????.jpg' was not found on this server.

The Command Center => Update Screenshot Preview is also malfunctioning.

Something screwy with CakePHP?

As much as I like this product, it is not a module and should not belong here. Flagged as private.
-- modulargrid

My bad. It is mountable as a module. Removed flag.
Someone can upload a better "2D" image of this?

Thread: thank you

hello

i just wanted to say congratulations for this fantastic site
it's the first modular planner that really works
and it has been extremelly usefull to me for the last months
thank you very much for it

ninon

As much as I like this product, it is not a module and should not belong here. Flagged as private.

I am wondering if this setup would be good for one of my drone sets?

Right, that's the menu, I get it all the time both in Chrome and Safari. I'm also on iOS 7.1. I do press-and-hold for some time for the menu to appear, but that's to avoid other touch event side effects (such as dragging the wrong module). My racks were private when I noticed this, but I am not in a position to verify if this makes a difference. Good luck and thanks for digging in. Thanks as well for removing my fake rating.

It's basically the right-click menu. I activates on mobiles when you long-press a module ...
-- wiredearp

O.K., now I think I get what you mean. The menu which reads "Save image/Copy" ?
Strange thing: I can not reproduce it on my iPad (iOS 7.1). The contextual menu only shows up, when I am hovering about a module in a rack of an other user where I have no editing rights.
On my own racks I am not able to trigger the contextual menu (?).
Your code looks good, but I have to been able to reproduce the error. I will investigate further ...

Not sure what you mean with "contextmenu". If you mean this speech bubble thing with the specs:
You can click on the Popover on button above the rack to prevent the display of the popover.

It's basically the right-click menu. I activates on mobiles when you long-press a module, just like the popover, which it obscures. You can get around it if you drag really fast, but that usually just moves an unintended module. My standard procedure is to press a module, wait for the contextmenu to open, press somewhere else on the screen to close the contextmenu, then drag the module. I spend way more time on ModularGrid than I should already, so every second counts. I believe you can get around it by something like:

if(/Android|iPhone|iPad/i.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
    window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
        document.querySelector('#rack').addEventListener('contextmenu', function(e) {
            if(e.target.localName === 'img') {
                e.preventDefault();
            }
        });
    });
}

Thanks again for all the awesomeness.

I rated a module that I don't own, just to see how it feels to own a module. I now regret it. Can I remove my rating? I'm sure it's a good module though, so I gave it a fair rating.

That's not possible for users at the moment, sorry. I have deleted your rating with super admin powers.

Another thing: How can you see a modules rating on Modular Grid? You can see it in the Google search results, so it must be somewhere on the page. I can't find it.

It's on the module detail pages. The last entry in the Specs list. Ratings will only show up if there are any available, which is not the case on many modules.

Another thing, for the Modular Grid developers: I suggest we can event.preventDefault() the "contextmenu" event on mobile devices so that you can drag and drop modules on the iPad without triggering the contextmenu every second time. And thanks for doing this site.
-- wiredearp

Not sure what you mean with "contextmenu". If you mean this speech bubble thing with the specs:
You can click on the Popover on button above the rack to prevent the display of the popover.

I rated a module that I don't own, just to see how it feels to own a module. I now regret it. Can I remove my rating? I'm sure it's a good module though, so I gave it a fair rating.

Another thing: How can you see a modules rating on Modular Grid? You can see it in the Google search results, so it must be somewhere on the page. I can't find it.

Another thing, for the Modular Grid developers: I suggest we can event.preventDefault() the "contextmenu" event on mobile devices so that you can drag and drop modules on the iPad without triggering the contextmenu every second time. And thanks for doing this site.

Great snappy AHDSR. My only gripe is the cheap feel as the faceplate is plastic. But for 2 ADSR's in one module and for the price, there's really little room to complain.

Thanks for the input man. I was already thinking about ditching the multi and just using stackables but i didn't know that about the midi.
The divider does seem a little much (given what the Pam can do) so i might toss it.
Thanks for the heads up on the Livewire, had no idea. Might have to see if i can snag that one before the rest of them if i see one for sale.

EDIT:
Here's a copy of the rack with a few changes to it (taking out the livewire, multi, midi, and replacing some things)
ModularGrid Rack

I would advise against the Pittsburgh midi module, especially if you're considering syncing modules like Pamela's Workout to it. It only outputs a clock trigger every quarter note, which is not really fast enough to get stable timing from. If you can, something that puts out 24ppq is much more ideal. Ditch the PGH midi, mult and Doepfer divider (not really needed with Pamela in a 6u) and get mutable instrument's Yarns. It's a very capable midi converter with many clock speeds, apps and Euclid patterns, sequencing, etc.

Also be aware that anything Livewire will be very hard if not impossible to come by, as sadly, the owner of that company passed away. There are some people who will be taking over the company and designs, but so far it hasn't materials much.

Otherwise, nice looking system. You have a lot of filtering for just one complex osc, so maybe look at another oscillator in place of one?

Just my opinions though, :)

Been looking at starting my own modular rack for a little while. So I've been on here not really knowing what I was doing and then I decided to look up some companies and youtube videos as well as some of my friends on facebook and I came up with this 2 row 104hp setup. It's meant to be something that's sort of a jack of all trades / master of none kind of thing that will keep me occupied and interested while I slowly save up for more modules (after getting the full/partial rack setup) and eventually expand to a nice room with a wall made out of modular synth racks.
Anywho here's the rack: ModularGrid Rack
Just want some feedback and to know I have a good foundation for my modular endeavors.
Thanks Everyone.

Cool rack.
Those silver Nebulae are kinda hard to come by though. :(

Its starting about 0:37 where the sound becomes brazen and crisp and changes to a higher tune.
Also a good example of that Ringmodulator sound can be heard at the end sequence in "Jon & Vangelis - I`ll find my way home" :
http://www.y**tube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2oANV6SQhwI#t=260
copy and paste and replace ** with ou ;-) !! I do not want to have the YT video included because the time stamp gets lost

Thread: sio

yo

Can you point to a specific time stamp in the video? Also keep in mind, following the ring mod, the sound is getting resonant filtered and delayed. I got similar tones I suppose using squares waves like the video says. In the vid, it says the mod osc is manually tuned, so don't cv that. Run it through a filter with a faster envelope (clock wise) than the 4 step sequence.

I wish I could hear it without the delay and filter. That's adding a LOT to what is happening.