Another question :
100% modular ?
(I mix modular sounds with circuit-bent devices and virtual genarators)
-- jihel
It does not have to be 100% modular. This is a just for fun thing. What ever tools you have, they are open season.

this user has left ModularGrid

Ha!
I hadn't paid attention to the date...

Duration of the track ?
-- jihel
As long as its under 600mb, the sky is the limit. But release time is in 29 minutes.

Duration of the track ?

Thread: Korg SQ-64?

It sure looks like it has 8 drum track gate outs like the BSP. Did I miss something?
-- TumeniKnobs

Both actually have 16 drum tracks, and only output 8, which means a MIDI converter is needed to get access to all their drum sequencing capabilities.

Interesting perspectives. Thanks. That it'll run three note lanes and a drum track, and at a $299 price point, I might give it a shot. I think it'll do what I want in my home studio. I won't be doing gigs with it.

Xodes you wrote "interesting to see new hardware sequencers with generous amounts of I/Os, yet it would have been great that unlike the BSP they put output jacks for all of the drum triggers..." It sure looks like it has 8 drum track gate outs like the BSP. Did I miss something?

I'd still love to have a Rene Mk2, but Make Noise isn't Korg, and the cottage-industry nature of Eurorack makes it a bit frustrating that sometimes you can't get the stuff you want. And in the case of Intellijel and 1U modules, need. Lugia, you ding Korg pretty hard for snafus and special editions and availability, and that's fair - they should have their act together given who they are and how long they've been at it. I sold my Prologue for a DSI Rev 2 - it's much more fun and feature rich. And I dumped the SQ-1 because I did not get along with its UI. Still love my Kronos 88 though.

Yes, definitely add me. I am working on new tracks using modular as foundation. So far, I can cut techno, house and ambient songs easier now that I have a decent sequencer.
-- sacguy71

Want me to add one of your Soundcloud tracks? Which one?

Do you plan to combine this with any external gear? I can’t imagine this will be very useful as-is.

Thread: 4ms pod

I put my hands on the new Paradox dual VCO in my rack. Lots of things to learn as I now have some characterful FM synthesis at my fingertips, which I am not doing full justice yet:

Some Patchnotes for the curious
Melody:
Random Pitch from Zlob Entropy
Random Slices from of Bass from Muxlicer
Both quantised by Disting MK4
Modulation:
LFO and Envelope from Rampage
FX Loop:
BOSS Waza Craft Delay and TC Arena as Reverberation

@Garfield
The OP-Z is a long loved tool/toy on my desk and in my backpack. Making Music not only without DAW, but also without screens.

42HP seems fairly unworkable to me if you want generative, or anything that's not laser focused. Take a look at my proposed rack for someone with 62HP just for the CV + mixing (all their sound sources are racked separately) https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/9628

Daw: Ableton 10
synts/gear: Moog37, S1, Volca FM,Tb3,mx1,tr8,Push 2, 88keymidi piano. and some analoge stuff:)

Hey Lugia thank You v much for ur thoughts
and hello to everybody else who stumbles upon my misery,

I am currently at
1452 mA +12V | 830 mA -12V | 0 mA 5V

Thats the Case I have:
Intellijel Designs - 7U Stealth Case (104TE/TPS80W MAX)

https://schneidersladen.de/de/intellijel-designs-7u-stealth-case-104te-tps80w-max-inkl.-kaltgeraetekabel

Power Brick :
https://schneidersladen.de/en/intellijel-designs-mean-well-90-w-power-brick-incl.-power-cable

I think the problem might be the beads that would be bad I will trouble shoot the whole system again today.
The noise-high frequency Sound only appears when I patch something into beads input.
like Plaits, but I give plaits no trigger for example.
When I trigger Plaits, the tone disappears nearly but its still audible, but it does come back fully after a short time.

I tested it like this.
Still there
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdovpdyr1lyb6bn/IMG_2098.jpeg?dl=0

Thought my case must be the Problem...

But I have to Point out I have already tested it in this Modular Case
(Intellijel Designs - Palette 62)
https://schneidersladen.de/de/intellijel-designs-palette-62

Still there...

I tried with this Power supply in my old skiff :

https://schneidersladen.de/de/4ms-row-power-45

But to make it audible I had to go thru my Vermona and Intellijel InOut

I then didn't hear the high tone, but wow that was noisy.

I live in an old shit DDR building my the electricity be the problem? I don't think so :/

I will try everything again.
I have the Digital Modules-Fx the Databender for example
There is no Problem with this...

If its still there I will try out my Mutable beads at a friends place in his case.
As the Sound was still there when I unplugged everything else and only kept in a few modules at a time,
I think the power consumption might not be the problem.

If anyone has an idea what I can also try
would be appreciated :)

j.manuel

I'd go with smaller versions of both Clouds and Plaits to squeeze out 4 HP for a FX Aid.

Lately I'm enjoying building small systems in my old single row case and your setup looks like a lot of fun. I can't listen right now as I'm at work but I'll do it as soon as I can.

Thread: Anna Logue

I guess this one was all about Filter Animation, Cheers Garfield

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Fun alternates for Maths would be Stages or Zadar.

I'd start with Pam's, Zadar and Disting. Then add a wicked effect module like Mimeophon, Beads, Nebulae or Arbhar.

Not sure this combination makes sense but trying to make a simple generative system in 42hp:
ModularGrid Rack

Hi all,

I did a second evening jam for Feb 21st 2021:

I was working on seeing if I could keep the jam going a little longer along with seeing if I could change things up a bit better.
It was a fun jam, but I lost it about a little over 12 minutes in, so I trimmed the audio file with a fade and called it good enough for tonight.

I hope you all enjoy, and please feel free to leave any/all comments - they are greatly appreciated.

Cool. I still want a real Buchla and Serge panel one day. Would be fun to combine with eurorack.

ModularGrid Rack

Hi all! Putting together my first rack and wanted to get some advice and insight on things I can change to improve the system, or areas where I might be lacking or run into limitations. I see myself using this with my Keystep and midi in from my computer, and I think it would be fun to route in external audio through beads as well (I'm not totally sold on Ears, but its got that fun factor and seems like it could open up some cool possibilities). I feel like it could use more utility modules, but I'm not sure which I should prioritize on getting in there. I also feel like uO_c might be underused without too many modulations sources? I'd imagine with pams or pachinko driving it you could get some neat results out though.

I've already got rings and forbidden planets on the way (along with the nifty bundle modules), but any advice on what would be best to purchace next would be awesome.

Look forward to hearing your feedback, thanks everyone! :)

If your build uses an inline DC "brick" for power, try getting a second one and swapping that. The switching supplies that tend to get used in Eurorack can spit out a lot of high frequency hash, although most of the time it's way on up in the ultrasonic range. However, switching supplies can make audible high frequency noise if/when certain components in them are in the process of failing. Also, recheck your amperage draw now that you've added new modules; you might be too close to the P/S's maximum current load by accident, and this would definitely stress the "brick" as a result.

And yes, you CAN use a brick supply that has a higher output than the one you currently have. If you're closing in on that current maximum on any of the DC rails, I'd suggest that as a worthwhile purchase.

Save that the reissues are all but useless to average, everyday electronic musicians. For example, Korg's UK rep was finally forced to admit (several months after the official NAMM announcement) that the ARP 2600 FS was NEVER intended to go to anyone but certain "influencer" and "celebrity" types. I would surmise that the same is probably true of the miniKorg 700FS as well. In which case, these "reissues" don't help ANYONE. And it really isn't helpful when you issue the "everyone else" units and they happen to be "crippleware", as is the case with the 2600 mini, which is missing all of the 3620 keyboard module additions...which, oddly enough, Behringer was able to accommodate.

Yeah, I know...corporate Japanese culture and all that. But if you're making moves that are based in culture that conveniently ignore the needs and wants of your user base, it might just be time to wake up and smell the genma-cha. Korg, in my opinion, has turned into Hamamatsu's version of a dumpster fire at this point with both the divisive "limited edition" bullshit as well as numerous design and implementation miscues that have piled up over the last several years. And now, with the OPsix (Yamaha 6-op FM retread, albeit with a programming interface that humans can make sense of) and the Wavestate (retooled Wavestation A/D-ish) and their demented multicolor MS-20FS line ($1400 for a different color MS-20 mini with 1/4" jacks, while you can still get the electronically-identical mini for $500 and change), something CLEARLY seems to be very, very wrong with Korg. If they keep on this sort of tangent, I think it's safe to say that in about 5-7 years, they're done.

How's this?
ModularGrid Rack
The original had nothing much in the way of mixers, so that got fixed. Also, there were superfluous modules in the tile row (buffered mult, scope) that could be better filled by tiles that have some actual functionality to them, so I also yanked all but 4 hp of blank space to add a MIDI interface (could be useful for additional clocking/sequencing) and a Noise Tools 1U, which is where the sample and hold (and noise) is now.

First 3U row is almost the same, save that I moved the Fusion Modulator to the bottom row along with the other mod/control sources, moved the Veils up to the top, then added a ph modular stereo mixer (the output is via a 3.5mm TRS) which ALSO has a proper FX send/return setup so that you can use the Mimeophon or the Fusion FX in parallel when mixing, and not via the wet/dry controls as a direct pass-thru.

Second 3U row...I went off somewhat. I got rid of the Kinks in deference to WMD's Tool Box, which does everything the Kinks did plus WAY more. So, the order now is ES-9, Pam's, Tool Box, then a dual CV controlled Boolean logic module so that you can set up Pam's with a couple of crossrhythmed sequences (or it and the Steppy, etc etc) and use the Boolean gates to form different timing patterns that result from the two inputs "interfering" with each other. Added a Codex Modulex Tides clone next, then Maths, and then three linear, DC-coupled VCAs for the modulation/control sources to work with for amplitude control over mod signals. Then the moved-down Fusion Modulator (it belongs in this row, tbh) and finally, the Mimeophon.

Nearly all of the audio is up top (except the Mimeophon), control and modulation occupy the tile and bottom row, flow is left to right. Lots more solid, more intuitive, and it takes care of a real deficit by adding the stereo mixer, since both the Erica FX module and the Mimeophon output stereo, but there really wasn't a way to get to a stereo result save for using the Erica module as a "stereoizer", which is a bit of a cheat. This should be much more controllable now, and the few additions I've made should open up several new paths for programming in ways that the original simply couldn't do.

Thank you for the feedback, i'll check out your tunes on bandcamp as well!

Here is my evening jam with almost the same patch setup

If you want to understand how I patched it, check this out it has other notes as well:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/view/74806

Thanks,
Brett

Hi,

I used the above setup to play this jam:

I am continuing to learn as I go.
My goals with this jam were:
1) Can I change up the kick and hats as I play via using the 4Robots device controlled by CV1 and C3
2) Can I use the switching to allow for a change in sounds as I play through the song
3) Can I go through a few different parts to have the song change a bit as I go
4) Continue to learn how to manage the effects via my Launch Control XL running into the 1010 BlueBox mixer.

Notes: The effects are primarily the Happy Nerding device along with some delay and a darker reverb from the 1010 BlueBox.

Overall, I had a good time jamming away!
Please feel free to leave any and all thoughts/comments/feedback as it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Yes, definitely add me. I am working on new tracks using modular as foundation. So far, I can cut techno, house and ambient songs easier now that I have a decent sequencer.

I am having a problem with a high noise/ tone coming my system
Weirdly it kinda disappears when a signal is loud but it comes fully back in at the time that impact/ signal goes off.
I already unplugged everything
Only plugged in a few modules
Still the same problem
It’s very annoying :/
I only kept in plaits beads and the in out frm intellijel as the Vermona out
I also plugged out the vermona out.
I have the feeling that it’s much louder on the vermona out
But it’s hard to tell as it can be much louder
Will make a Leveling Check tomorrow after work
If some one has an idea or any help would be much appreciated
Maybe my new beads is the problem
Will test it out if it’s still there in other cases
Bus boards. And if the noise is still there

j.manuel

Very cool - thank you for sharing!!

Hi Wishbonebrewery,

Oh lovely, nice long track. I was working on some document while listening at your music. Well your music fully draw my attention so what work on a document? ;-)

Very nice sounds and music, I am going to listen after this comment again to it, this deserves another listen :-) Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thread: Fine

Hi Mog00,

Ha, ha, I like the beginning of the track, those kind of, as I call it, anti-rhythms are nicely done! :-)

Kind of nice mellow jam, yeah, I like it, I wouldn't mind to hear more of this sort of music. Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks guys :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

Well done

I'm ready to hit the dancefloor, post-vaccine of course @EroGumby, thanks for sharing this. Lively throughout and I especially like the last minute or so, the pads or drone coming in around 5:50... real nice.

Nice one again @wishbonebrewery, nice organic feel and spacious but comfy at the same time.

Hi all,

Today I have been back working with my small 64hp system.

If you have a moment to take a listen, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Here is this mornings jam for Feb 21st 2021:

In short, I have everything coming from the little system other than: 1) a delay and 2) one reverb only used on the kick drum in parts. What I'm using is a 1010 BlueBox to manage all of the send effects and individual sounds coming from the setup.

Overall, I am working to have a few different parts in the song so that I can have some changes in the kick drum, , hats, and other parts. So far I like what is starting to emerge from the little system.

Again, any/all feedback is greatly appreciated.

May you have a great rest of your day!

A couple of thoughts which may or may not be helpful, but as this case is very similar to my 60hp ones I build it might be useful to you. I have a goal in mind when putting modules into the case so that there is some method to the madness. As your goal is to make ambient let's explore how to adapt this a little:

Pams + Ornament and Crime is your killer power combo and will probably do away with Maths, freeing up a ton of space. Pams is going to give you all sort of rhythmic clocking options, and LFOs and euclidean sequencing. Plus it can be modulated over CV itself. Pams will then clock OC. The stock firmware in OC gives you lots of power; Sequins is a dual 16 step sequencer/quantiser/arpeggiator so you can drive Plaits use the other sequencer as a S&H to modulate stuff (e.g. the filter on Ripples). For generative stuff that's quantised to a scale you can use Copiermaschine - a 4 stage cascading delay shift register. I've made some tutorials on it if you're interested.

I know everyone says 'get Maths' but you don't have to as there are lots of other ways to achieve the same outcome in the modular world.

With all that you can get rid of Scales. Ornament and Crime does quantisation and if you go the Hemisphere's route on OC you get even more quantisation. Pams also does quantisation when generating melodies.

Then I'd think about ambient; lots of delays that are modulated, reverb, filter, shimmers etc. You need something to bring that sound to life with lots of modulation. I use a Happy Nerding FX Aid XL (6hp effects powerhouse) or a Mimeophon (a lot bigger but insane for ambient washes of sound). Throw some modulation into either of these from Pams and you're already half-way to the races. That also means you can drop the 2hp delay and verb modules as the FX Aid does far far more than these two can and you can re-configure it with 32 algorithms of your choosing from a much larger set.

Doepfer VCA is a solid choice and lets you modulate the intensity of your modulation signals using LFOs from Pams or randomness from OC. Plaits and Ripples both have a VCA built in so you can use that with an envelope to shape the sound. Envelopes from Pams are a little limited in shape, but the Piqued app in OC gives you lots of envelope-y goodness.

I think you might want to think about some hands-on controls for Pams and OC as they are more menu-driven than hands-on. It's easy enough to buy some voltage sources to control them with though. Another alternative, and much loved by ambient folks, is Marbles both as a source of generative randomness and gates but also for its playability.

You might consider some CV mangling units to give you a few options for attenuating/mixing. I use the Befaco A*B+C for all sorts of little jobs. And you'll never go wrong with a Disting Mk4; it can give you another synth voice, play sample loops (how about sounds from nature playing on loop while you jam over them with Plaits into Mimeophon to be looped and warped anyone??), be a filter, mixer or even an LFO/S&H for you. You name it, Disting can do it.

Also do you have an audio output stage to hook your modular into a mixer or listen on headphones? Most mixers can take modular level audio signals but you might enjoy plugging in some headphones to take your ambient case out into nature and jam in the forrest (improves the sound 10x I'm told)

Have fun!

-- synthdadmusic

Thank you so much for your comment! This is really good advice, and I think I'll definitely get Pam's. Also, yes I have utilities in the case itself (Nifty Case) for things like MIDI to CV and headphone out.

whatever works for you! good that you are going slowly and not just getting 12u straight off though!

yeah cases can get pretty expensive - it's easy to forget that they are very niche products - not mass manufactured - so a lot of economies of scale that you would expect in other areas, just aren't there - plus most of the manufacturers are in the 1st world - so labour is comparatively expensive - same for modules to a large extent too

I tend to just buy rails and DIY power and some wood, but I have bought a couple of cases

I think the Mantis and LC9 are the best value built cases by a long way - Mantis if you have more power hungry modules, the doepfer if you don't (the PSU3 is a bit underpowered for the 9u - great in the 6u though)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Controlling: Mutable Instruments Marbles
VCOs: Makenoise STO & Befaco EvenVCO
VCFs: Omsonic​ Funky Ladder Filter & Happy Nerding HNVCF
Percussion: ADDAC103 & Roland TR-09's hats
Effects: Monsoon Clouds Reverb & 2hp Verb
Modulation: ALM Pip Slope, Divkid Instruo Ochd, WMD/SSF ADSRVCA

Cheers for listening :)

You noticed that too, hm? For one thing, the video I saw of it made it seem like it behaves something like one of those products from Roland's stagnation periods (mid-90s-ish). Plus, if Korg was on the ball here, they SHOULD HAVE made a reissue of the ARP 1604 sequencer to pair with the KARP 2600 and/or Odyssey (and a bunch of other things besides...similar to the 2600, the 1604 is ANOTHER highly-coveted ARP device). I guess they were busy budgeting for goofy-colored paint for the MS-20, or maybe they DID create one and then lost it in the same closet where they keep the KR-55 Pro's missing sync connections.

-- Lugia

About the user interface, first I would have gone with something slightly wider to use a somewhat bigger screen, as it looks like the workflow makes it essential to almost always look at it when editing. If the target users would have been "laptop only producers" that wanted to carry a small controller in their backpack I'd have understood the smaller footprint.
Another interesting solution could have used a smaller additional screen per row maybe, or any other eye-catching solution that would give instant feedback about what's going on with the grid, which in some modes kind of looks cryptic.
Not quite sure the grey background with white text on the screen will make things easily readable in any environment.
It still looks very capable, and it's interesting to see new hardware sequencers with generous amounts of I/Os, yet it would have been great that unlike the BSP they put output jacks for all of the drum triggers...
The LEDs above the output jacks is a clever idea and would be a nice addition to some other sequencers.

About the release of an analog sequencer instead, I'd say things usually can take time within Japanese companies, this is a cultural thing, and with the release of the miniKORG 700FS announced earlier this year, even though in limited edition for now, I'd say Korg might keep on going with these reissues vibe that started a couple of years ago. Let's hope so.

ModularGrid Rack

Hey,

so that's basically my Rack so far and it has been a lot of fun. But for now, I want to fill the last 30 HP. I'm thinking about an Endorphin.es Grand Terminal, as it would provide me with flexible dual filters and effects. I'm a little concerned about the third set of dual envelopes/LFO's after the fusion modulator and Maths, but at least Maths would be free for more exciting things. So it seems to me, that it would solve a few things at once. For the last 4 HP, I was looking after a Clep Diaz, just because I would like to try some stuff with it in combination with other modules in my case. Has anyone here have some experience with the Grand Terminal? Or since many of you are way more experienced with Eurorack then me, does anyone have different suggestions, maybe even a different direction I should consider taking this?

As always, thanks for any feedback!

Hi @Lugia, I did some rethinking and got rid of the Bataleur (it had a noise issue as well). Working with this rack now. Much simpler and it sounds good so far. Trying to figure out what else could be a nice addition to this rack now. I'm thinking about a BBD delay, maybe an EQ, also thinking about trying to squeeze in a bass voice with the addition of another row. Reverb and delay are coming outside of the modular.

thanks

ModularGrid Rack

First up, separating your modulation/CV from your audio generators and modifiers is a really, REALLY bad idea. For one thing, if you wanted to use a logic gate as a waveshaper (which can be quite neat...results in nasty pulse waves!), you'd have to run a long cable all the way to the other cab, connect to the gate, then another long run back to your audio chain. This is just one example, and I know there's tons of others, but the point is that working this way is VERY inefficient and unintuitive. Remember: one of the strongest points to modular synthesis is that there's a certain degree of interchangeability between things that make noise, things that modify noise, and things that make those two things happen. And having everything in one place, as one unitized whole, is a thing that modular is prized for.

Second, if you have a stereo out here, where's the stereo mixer to feed the stereo out with a proper stereo image? I see a lot of HYUUJE (and in a couple of instances, pointlessly so) modules in a tiny 2 x 84 cab, crowding out any of the room you'll need for other things (VCAs, mixers, modifiers, etc etc) that make these big, expensive modules work to their fullest. This promises to turn into a problem pretty quickly if the target here is "3-4 voices"; if I were to use the DTM mixer as the primary qualifier of how many voices you ACTUALLY have, I'd pin that total at "1".

Remember, a "voice" isn't JUST a VCO. It's the signal chain that goes from a VCO, through a VCF for timbral modification, then through a VCA for amplitude modification. You simply don't have that here, ergo you're not even on track to having those 3-4 voices. You might (read: SHOULD) want to rethink what you're doing here, jettison the idea of splitting the modular functions up into separate cabs, and reconsider putting everything where it belongs...in the same case. It'll make what you're up to a lot clearer in the end.
-- Lugia

A couple of thoughts which may or may not be helpful, but as this case is very similar to my 60hp ones I build it might be useful to you. I have a goal in mind when putting modules into the case so that there is some method to the madness. As your goal is to make ambient let's explore how to adapt this a little:

Pams + Ornament and Crime is your killer power combo and will probably do away with Maths, freeing up a ton of space. Pams is going to give you all sort of rhythmic clocking options, and LFOs and euclidean sequencing. Plus it can be modulated over CV itself. Pams will then clock OC. The stock firmware in OC gives you lots of power; Sequins is a dual 16 step sequencer/quantiser/arpeggiator so you can drive Plaits use the other sequencer as a S&H to modulate stuff (e.g. the filter on Ripples). For generative stuff that's quantised to a scale you can use Copiermaschine - a 4 stage cascading delay shift register. I've made some tutorials on it if you're interested.

I know everyone says 'get Maths' but you don't have to as there are lots of other ways to achieve the same outcome in the modular world.

With all that you can get rid of Scales. Ornament and Crime does quantisation and if you go the Hemisphere's route on OC you get even more quantisation. Pams also does quantisation when generating melodies.

Then I'd think about ambient; lots of delays that are modulated, reverb, filter, shimmers etc. You need something to bring that sound to life with lots of modulation. I use a Happy Nerding FX Aid XL (6hp effects powerhouse) or a Mimeophon (a lot bigger but insane for ambient washes of sound). Throw some modulation into either of these from Pams and you're already half-way to the races. That also means you can drop the 2hp delay and verb modules as the FX Aid does far far more than these two can and you can re-configure it with 32 algorithms of your choosing from a much larger set.

Doepfer VCA is a solid choice and lets you modulate the intensity of your modulation signals using LFOs from Pams or randomness from OC. Plaits and Ripples both have a VCA built in so you can use that with an envelope to shape the sound. Envelopes from Pams are a little limited in shape, but the Piqued app in OC gives you lots of envelope-y goodness.

I think you might want to think about some hands-on controls for Pams and OC as they are more menu-driven than hands-on. It's easy enough to buy some voltage sources to control them with though. Another alternative, and much loved by ambient folks, is Marbles both as a source of generative randomness and gates but also for its playability.

You might consider some CV mangling units to give you a few options for attenuating/mixing. I use the Befaco A*B+C for all sorts of little jobs. And you'll never go wrong with a Disting Mk4; it can give you another synth voice, play sample loops (how about sounds from nature playing on loop while you jam over them with Plaits into Mimeophon to be looped and warped anyone??), be a filter, mixer or even an LFO/S&H for you. You name it, Disting can do it.

Also do you have an audio output stage to hook your modular into a mixer or listen on headphones? Most mixers can take modular level audio signals but you might enjoy plugging in some headphones to take your ambient case out into nature and jam in the forrest (improves the sound 10x I'm told)

Have fun!

Thread: Pucinni

Pamelas New Workout : Bank A
Bitbox : Recife
Graphic VCO : Drum/Acid

Thanks Jim, that's exactly what I was looking for.
As for the rack solution, it was a matter of using that spare 12U I already have. I'm just thinking long term. I'm not planning to stock it all up with modules anytime soon.
The multiple warts and extra HPs really don't bother me. I use multi-ways for everything. And I find it's a fair trade-off to avoid the ridiculously overpriced cases out there. After some research at Thomann, I found it to be the best solution for me, considering not only price per hp, but space distribution in my studio.

it's already available - go to the datasheet view and scroll to the bottom (if you have to) and you will see power consumptinoo by row

remember to leave at least 20-30% headroom

but, why would you use psus with rack warts, especially 4 of them - this will cost you 16hp in rack space and use 4 wall warts and flying busboards

you can probably find a much better solution for all 4 rows for not that much more money

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Well, I'm thinking what you don't want me to think: GET A BIGGER CASE. However, that IS the root of the problem here. That, and not thinking about the rig as a single instrument, which (invariably) comes up when these "fit a thing in X hp hole" threads appear.

First, consider a Mantis or something along those lines. Then, as you start to populate it, STOP thinking of the modules as individual bits of circuits. Instead, view what you're doing as setting up several blocks of specific activity...sound generators here, modulation there, filtering over here, etc. And make sure that you're putting those subsets together with modules that can synergize; you want modulation sources that can crossmod other mod sources, filters that can work in tandem, and the like. Then make sure that the ENTIRE build has that same synergy between the subset blocks. That's the real trick...and also, that's why most people can't just jump on MG and suddenly know what to do, as it takes time and effort to get to a point where that synergy factor gets optimized.

And yeah, it really does feel like the initial build above was the result of tossing things into a box. Case in point: the very overworked Maths, which is being pressed into service as an envelope generator, LFO, and probably a lot more other things. First of all, when you get dependent on one specific module like that, you're going to use it in ways that the dependency forces you to. The result here is sort of like buying a classic Lamborghini Countach for the purpose of going grocery shopping. Maths is capable of some VERY complex things...but not so much in this situation, because it's being pressed into the service of basic scutwork even though there ARE modules that can do those things better and more intuitively.
-- Lugia

You're right, I'll get a bigger case at some point, but your comment also convinced me I really should get a dedicated ADSR so that I can use MATHS more to its potential.

Thread: Fine

The usual suspects.
Pyramid running clock - drums
Blackbox - Drum/samples/resampling
Belgrad - beginning sample blackbox sample running through modular, Maths providing the envelopes, Belgrad adding well you hear it.
Dixie, Mimetic Sequencing,Clep Diaz modulation, CVilization step sequencer, Disting Mk4 quantizer, FM by I-o47, Belgrad on Filter, U-He delay, Bat-Verb, Maths on envelope duty, Quad VCA,
U-He Zebra on strings
FX-Aid on delay (sprinkles)
Bat-Verb on Bat-Verb (for various effects)
Studio One 4 - Mix
Tascam Model 24 I/O

I have a Batumi and recommend the Poti expander. It really helps use the options for the module without dealing with changing jumper settings on the back of the module.

This: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-143-9 And yes, you can get those sort of LFO rates in its "L" setting with the application of control voltage at CV1.
-- Lugia

thanks!!