You have definitely been uninspired.

just to be clear, i would like an es9 maxed out macbook pro, nuendo, motu, genelecs, max msp, odds and ends and an arturia keystep pro for the full 'ttest ssystem x-4'. i swear, it all works together. stop looking at me that way. gooble gobble. gooble gobble.

peace.

Yes. All of that will theoretically work to make your idea more intelligible, but it will also render portions of this setup redundant. It doesn't really make this design of self-contained cases make more sense, but just introduces extra steps to your workflow. Inefficiency can't really be justified as "maximalism" - you should get more from more, not less.

zachsname: my account is called 'singular_sound'. im trying to make stuff that plays and sounds different from anyone else. with everything i mentioned, there are lots of options. and dont you like how i used the plume s as lfos? cant you appreciate i am trying to create aesthetic designs? so what i cant afford it. i can pretend on here.

peace. out.

Do you have any music you've done with other stuff so far?

[CLASSIFIED INFORMATION REDACTED]

peace.

um, ive played around in fruity loops and reason, i can program midi, and i kept a ukulele around for years. does that count?

":".

hey zachsname: what if 'momentum dies while menu diving on a pam pro to sequence some random bs' is a super aesthetic sound that no one has ever tried before, huh?

p e a c e . . . .

I think you'll have better luck sticking to the DAWs to find your signature sound based on the descriptions you've given me, and that further experimentation will help you build more "aesthetic" designs that both work better and are less chaotic to whoever sees them. Definitely check out VCV Rack, where you can not only build these fantasy systems, but also patch with them and make songs and show off your jams to people. Not everything on VCV Rack has a real life counterpart, but it will be more helpful than just sort of guessing what you might enjoy from research alone.

hey zachsname: what if 'momentum dies while menu diving on a pam pro to sequence some random bs' is a super aesthetic sound that no one has ever tried before, huh?

p e a c e . . . .
-- singular_sound

In a way, your humor is not even really being done with yourself as the audience. You just kind of seem to be using it to dive headfirst into the void by choice, leaving everyone and everything else behind. Whoever it is you resent here, I hope you won't let them get in the way of your work and your music. You're clearly interested enough to get here and do all this.

i just like how datach'i s case works on system and how its one instrument, and also, the physicality.

i want to pretend to own a whole eurorack studio, so i design it on here. is that so wrong?

what if my designs have great synergy, and you just dont see it yourself.

i think you were talking about empty daw syndrome, well, this would give me a smaller than daw palette, which you hinted was an advantage, and make me get more creative per module per patch

plus id have an expander for vcv rack, too. this is my dream maximalist setup. im designing it for fun. why do you hate that i have one?

peace. out.

i just like how datach'i s case works on system and how its one instrument, and also, the physicality.

-- singular_sound

How would you say it works?

I dunno man. I think u could do with some more sequencers man.
If u want ALL the polyphony on all the voices/tracks
I mean .... something has to keep them in check .... right?

-- singular_sound

How would you say it works?

-- Zacksname

its like, he has a simple beat, and then there is a more complex beat on top that sounds kind of squelchy and strangely alive in an electronic way, with what sounds like 20 knobs being turned at once and then usually a simple melody, too, but the extra percussive texture i just have no idea how its being generated or sequenced. id love to know how those those sounds are designed and made.

peace out.

I dunno man. I think u could do with some more sequencers man.
If u want ALL the polyphony on all the voices/tracks
I mean .... something has to keep them in check .... right?
-- Chrissozz

im thinking ill have an es9, and a keystep, so its not like there arent options, plus the zazou outputs 4 notes, and the drum sequencer coukd use some extra tracks to trigger the one note sequencers and arpeggistor, but maybe you have a point.

i just found out about the 'brainstep', but its not on modular grid yet. maybe soon i will design a smaller 2 3u x 84hp case that uses that gear.

peace.