This is a design for a Tiptop Audio Happy Ending rack kit that will sit atop a Behringer 2600 in a 19" rack frame. I got the kit for Xmas and have been wanting to expand some of the basics of the 2600 with some sequencing and a couple VCAs. I'm aware that the B960 does not have enough power to trigger the 2600 without being run through the 2600's built-in preamp, which is fine with me, I'm just hoping not to run into too many other power issues.

Mainly I'm looking to increase modulation options with the extra VCAs and the extra envelope, have an independent option for two voices by adding a second filter, and some good old fashioned 70's sequencing with the b960 and 962. Outside of the case I'll also have the Korg SQ-1.

Some videos of my tiny playground here:

Cheers,

Monodux

I think you'll have difficulty using the 2hp modules - too close together

do you need 4 vcas or will a single dual do? you might be able to get away with it by replacing the vca next to the adsr with a blank panel

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I agree with Jim, I have a bunch of 2hp modules and to be usable you need at least 1hp space between them, I also find that some 2hp modules can get quite warm so I leave the 1hp gaps open for ventilation.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Great advice- having never used 2hp modules I definitely wouldn’t have known that. I’ve updated the design with a blank panel and gone with a dual vca. Thank you both!