Hi,
Currently i am building a "modular" modular case. It consists of several cases that can be stacked to an unlimited height.
the very top (case-) module will have a 1 meter LED bar that emits to the ceiling.
This Led bar has a height of ~ 70mm so i will have space for a 1U row at the front.
I have no idea if i ever will use this 1U row for modules. for now i will create a huge blank panel for this
but i wonder in which distance i should drill the holes for the rails.

Researching the different 1U front panel heights brought me:
Intellijel: 39,65 mm
Pulp Logic: 1,7 inch which should be 43,18 mm

Is one of the formats more future proof than the other?
thanks for any advice or opinion!

intellijel...

pulp logic were 1st, but not a lot of other companies produced tiles for the format, whereas once intellijel introduced their format, lots of other manufacturers started designing modules for this format... i suspect it's down to intellijel marketing their cases, by giving them to youtube/instagram influencers, as much as anything else

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

intellijel...
-- JimHowell1970

perfect - thanks a lot for your advice and explanation!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities